Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 42 or 43??

Feedback Score

Glock 42 or 43??

Next purchase will be a glock 43 or 42. I have never owned a 380 but is it worth getting invested into another caliber for just a slightly smaller package of should I just stick with the 9mm? I carry a glock 19 so this single stack would be for days where it's 100+ degrees and I want to wear loose shorts but the 19 is to heavy for that

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaigeboyd View Post
    Next purchase will be a glock 43 or 42. I have never owned a 380 but is it worth getting invested into another caliber for just a slightly smaller package of should I just stick with the 9mm? I carry a glock 19 so this single stack would be for days where it's 100+ degrees and I want to wear loose shorts but the 19 is to heavy for that
    Stick with 9 mm.

I acquired the Sig P365. Love it because of the capacity.

But...I carry a 19 or 17. I don’t wear shorts, though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    I got a 42 for carrying while in athletic wear in a JM Custom Kydex AIWB holster. It doesn't seem like much, but the difference in weight and profile was a factor for me when deciding between the two. Otherwise, I carry a full-size 9mm when I have proper-belted shorts/pants.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    Nice. Yeah sometimes it too hot for pants and belt so I wanna wear shorts but the 19 seems a bit heavy for it

Feedback Score
    I have had a G43 for a while now, when I first got it I was surprised just how accurate this little pistol is. I put a Hogue Handall Jr on it and really like the way it handles, mine also runs Trijicon HD "Lime Green" night sights.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    I would stick with 9mm if at all possible. I can carry a shield in board shorts and gym shorts (with draw string), so id go with the 9mm glock.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Hard to say. I'd try to go play with both and see what you like. I had a 42 for awhile. It was ammo finicky, but had very little recoil compared to other .380's I've shot. It really didn't seem much smaller than the 43 (which I have now and prefer). When I want to carry something smaller, it's the Ruger LCP.

Feedback Score
    Most likely will go 43. And if I want something smaller (I don't like it but if I decided to pocket carry) figured I'd go S&W Bodyguard or LCP

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    If you already carry a 19 stick with the 43. You can use your same carry ammo and 9mm is cheaper than .380 and has better ballistics. I have a 43 for similar reasons you mentioned, and I too normally carry a 19. Both my 19 and 43 have a light, Apex trigger, Vickers mag release, and nearly identical sights. And use the same Gold Dot ammo.

FWIW, the couple of people I know that have 42s have NOT reported them to perform flawlessly... In my experience, and that of others that I know who have 43s, they’ve been good to go. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaigeboyd View Post
    Friends don't let friends CCW .380
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast