Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock 42 or 43??

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Friends don't let friends CCW .380
    ^^^

I should have been far less verbose and summed up my post with this.

Feedback Score
    My girlfriend's Glock 42 was one of the early ones that had to sent back to Glock to be "fixed". We fired it this weekend and it still can't get through two full magazines without a malfunction. In fact I think the pistol was trying to check off as many different types of malfunctions as it could: failure to feed, failure to extract, stovepipe, dropping the mag in the middle of firing.

I've never seen a Glock with that many issues.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    My girlfriend's Glock 42 was one of the early ones that had to sent back to Glock to be "fixed". We fired it this weekend and it still can't get through two full magazines without a malfunction. In fact I think the pistol was trying to check off as many different types of malfunctions as it could: failure to feed, failure to extract, stovepipe, dropping the mag in the middle of firing.

But but Glock perfection!
    Last edited by WillBrink; 06-18-18 at 12:34.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post

Shooter error. Learn to grip it and not limp-wrist it and your problems will go away.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Shooter error. Learn to grip it and not limp-wrist it and your problems will go away.

LOL. I didn't even mention 'brass-to-face' because...well...Glock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bogart View Post
    . . . stick with the 43. You can use your same carry ammo . . . .
    Not necessarily. Some HP loads don’t expand enough from a shorter barrel. 147gr HST does fwiw

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Not necessarily. Some HP loads don’t expand enough from a shorter barrel. 147gr HST does fwiw
    Yep, such as Hornady's Critical Defense is designed for shorter barrel-length guns compared to their Critical Duty. Federal's Micro HST line is also optimized for shorter barrel lengths.

My initial G42 had some FTF for the first 50 rounds or so, but now I'm at ~500 rounds without a single malfunction. .380 isn't ideal, but it fills a niche.
    If plan A didn’t work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    When only the 42 was available then I guess that was the choice. With the 43 readily available and ammo so much cheaper I don't know why anyone would consider the 42? My wife has a 43 and handles it just fine and shoots a perfect score at the indoor GSSF matches with ease. If considering a .380 I'd go LCP or something of that size.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MStarmer View Post
    When only the 42 was available then I guess that was the choice. With the 43 readily available and ammo so much cheaper I don't know why anyone would consider the 42? My wife has a 43 and handles it just fine and shoots a perfect score at the indoor GSSF matches with ease. If considering a .380 I'd go LCP or something of that size.
    Really, I need to do some more research because....Kimber. But I looked at some Kimber Micro nines at Sportsman's Warehouse the other day and I might go that route. I don't have up-to-date info on their reliability. I had a Kimber 1911 years ago that was okay but that was more than 10 years ago. I also hate that the mags are expensive, but I like the pistol's ergos, and it IS all metal.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    9mm NATO > 9mm Kurz

Dig my 43.

That is all.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast