Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously, what would you rather be doing?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    Move to Eastern Europe, preferably Ukraine. Overall, the area is a crap-hole, but I've found it's got a genuineness of culture and people that much of the Western world doesn't offer. Plus, it's cheap. Ski/snowboard during the winter, travel during the summer.
    Whaaaaaaa? I was born in Ukraine and I don't want to go back.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    You fail to put a budget number on you fun scenario. I could live happily on a boat for 100K a year but you can't maintain your 75'-85' boat for that! Why do you always do it? The plane and the second plane... Get real man... Who gives a shit how much $$$ you have at your disposal! This site is about sharing our M4 knowledge not how much disposable income you have.
    I never said anything about money. And this is "General Discussion". I was just asking a hypothetical question. I didn't mention anything about airplanes. I was just saying that what I would rather be doing was living in the keys and own a boat. That doesn't mean I'm going to do it or have the money to do it. But that is what I would rather be doing. This is suppose to be fun, I wanted to see what people would say.

Feedback Score
    I'd like to own some land maybe someday, maybe also take a vacation as I haven't done so in a decade.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex V View Post
    Whaaaaaaa? I was born in Ukraine and I don't want to go back.
    привіт))

I've been traveling there for a long time. I lived there two months last year and have had close ties to the country for the last 17 years. I absolutely love it. I literally have not felt more at home than when I'm there.

There's a deepness of culture, lots of history, and people are simply more genuine (both for better and for worse), at least that's my experience. Peter Santenello summed it up best - I've been trying for years to explain my feelings about the country, then I saw his video. Here's a clip of his thoughts (sorry, it's a FB video): https://www.facebook.com/chastime/vi...0484570652920/

I won't siderail the discussion, but if you'd like to talk via PM, I always enjoy discussions about Ukraine.
    Last edited by Skyyr; 06-18-18 at 00:23.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've recently "retired".
    My 401k is open to penalty free withdrawals now.
    I've lost fifty five pounds since February and my BP has gone from 170/110 to 117/79.
    I may take a no stress job sometime later, but right now, I workout, work in the yard, shoot once a week, read and do projects.
    I'm digging it.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    have anyone of you wanted to sail the Mediterranean? Hot Air Balloon over the Swiss Alps? River Boat down the Nile? Dive the Great Barrier Reef? Ride in the Baja 1000? Take a blimp over Europe? Race in the Bullrun/Gumball Rally? Explore the Amazon? I really wanted to know if there was something really special that you really would rather be doing. Just you, even for just a week.

Feedback Score
    If I won the lottery I would have a huge log cabin compound, barn, garage, etc. on hundreds of acres adjoining a massive national forest. My own track, collection of muscle cars, indoor and outdoor ranges, massive indoor lap sized pool in a huge greenhouse full of exotic birds, wild cats, rock walls, waterfall, etc., a large fenced in mini zoo with a pack of wolves, probably 20 acres or so of pastures cleared around the house, with the rest wooded trails.

And I would take a year or so while that was being built, start in Laredo on an ancient BMW GS Paris Dakar and end up in Argentina.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    If I won the lottery I would have a huge log cabin compound, barn, garage, etc. on hundreds of acres adjoining a massive national forest. My own track, collection of muscle cars, indoor and outdoor ranges, massive indoor lap sized pool in a huge greenhouse full of exotic birds, wild cats, rock walls, waterfall, etc., a large fenced in mini zoo with a pack of wolves, probably 20 acres or so of pastures cleared around the house, with the rest wooded trails.

And I would take a year or so while that was being built, start in Laredo on an ancient BMW GS Paris Dakar and end up in Argentina.

need to move to Alaska.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 06-18-18 at 01:37.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    have anyone of you wanted to sail the Mediterranean? Hot Air Balloon over the Swiss Alps? River Boat down the Nile? Dive the Great Barrier Reef? Ride in the Baja 1000? Take a blimp over Europe? Race in the Bullrun/Gumball Rally? Explore the Amazon? I really wanted to know if there was something really special that you really would rather be doing. Just you, even for just a week.
    Is time travel out? I have a week I'd like to do over, LOL.

Daughter got home from her date a while ago, going to hit the sack.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Since we are talking hypothetically I'd like to have about a 1000 acres of good hunting land/pasture preferably along a river to build food plots, trails to my stands, a duck impound and take about 100 acres to develop as a training area for my labs. this would be pretty much year round work to maintain like I'd want. Maybe I'll get lucky and hit the lottery one day.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast