Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seriously, what would you rather be doing?

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)

Seriously, what would you rather be doing?

Me? Living in and around the Florida Keys. Small comfortable conch house on a canal. Medium sized boat, 70'-85'. Cruising from the Keys to Nassau, Exuma, St. Thomas, St. Barth's, Turks & Caicos doing some island bike riding, wreck/reef diving, island cooking, photography, hiking etc. Spend 6-8 months a year traveling through the Caribbean living on a boat.

What about you? What would you rather be doing?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I hate my job so being rich enough to never have to work again for starters, the rest I can figure out as I go.

So basically my answer is "whatever I feel like, all the time."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I love my job. Today I am working with two of my kids and one daughter-in-law. Youngest daughter is stocking shelves and running a register. D-I-L is running another register. My son got his CDL learners permit last week and today we are doing equipment deliveries for heavy equipment we rent out. I am at peace and I like my place in the world.

I guess, if I had to fantasize, I'd head down to Chile and go snowmobiling for the southern hemisphere winter, then back to Alaska for norther hemisphere winter.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    Me? Living in and around the Florida Keys. Small comfortable conch house on a canal. Medium sized boat, 70'-85'. Cruising from the Keys to Nassau, Exuma, St. Thomas, St. Barth's, Turks & Caicos doing some island bike riding, wreck/reef diving, island cooking, photography, hiking etc. Spend 6-8 months a year traveling through the Caribbean living on a boat.

What about you? What would you rather be doing?
    You fail to put a budget number on you fun scenario. I could live happily on a boat for 100K a year but you can't maintain your 75'-85' boat for that! Why do you always do it? The plane and the second plane... Get real man... Who gives a shit how much $$$ you have at your disposal! This site is about sharing our M4 knowledge not how much disposable income you have.

Feedback Score
    I kinda did my what would I do until I was in my late 40s diving around the world and teaching scuba working on boats doing photography

working a bit more in a good place for my kids sake (but I do not like ? wife is OK with it though)

I love living in the Caribbean but not the place I want my kids raised and dating so at this point think I am doing right for my kids not me
    Last edited by Honu; 06-17-18 at 19:14.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Got a good job, maybe great. Would like a greater job.
    Gotta great wife , Ill stop there.
    I would love a house in the mountains in AZ. Thats it, shooting in the mountains vs 100,000 degree heat in desert today.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Don't necessarily love my job but I love being an Architect. If I had FU money, I would have a house in the mountains, away from everyone else on a huge plot of land. Totally off the grid but with all the luxuries of a modern home. Live in piece with my wife. Entertaining friends and family who come to visit. If I want some excitement I would take a trip to NYC, otherwise, relax and enjoy every day. Wait for the zombies to come.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Move to Eastern Europe, preferably Ukraine. Overall, the area is a crap-hole, but I've found it's got a genuineness of culture and people that much of the Western world doesn't offer. Plus, it's cheap. Ski/snowboard during the winter, travel during the summer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a lot of things that I'd like to do, the problem is time.

My wife just took an early retirement and we plan on doing some catching up - our last two are just leaving the nest and we've spent most of the last 15 years doing sports activities with them and the grand kids from my older sons, year-round.

I like riding trains, so we are going to do that.

Next year a couple of us are talking about riding the Continental Divide - I'm struggling with whether I need to get rid of my workhorse KLR650 and get a KLX250 for the trip.

I have the Great Loop penciled in after that, if I can convince my wife I don't need an 'All Oceans, All Tonnage, Masters License.'

In between we plan to do more stuff through our church and community organizations.

I've had fun at work all of my life. Was lucky enough to be able to walk away when it got to not being fun.

At this point the biggest problem I face is what to do with the dog during some of these jaunts.

Life is good.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wouldn't mind being able to, one by one, visit and take a 3 day riding course at every race course ran by MotoGP and World SBK in the world. That would be pretty glorious.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast