Thread: Lasermax Uni-Max Green

Feedback Score

Lasermax Uni-Max Green

Thinking about getting the Lasermax Uni-Max green laser for my rifle. Does anyone have first hand end user experience with this unit. If so what are your thoughts on the construction, durability and function of it. I also dont see any warranty info on their site so if you know speak up.

[IMG][/IMG]

They also have a great price cut for those of us who are Law Enforcement.
    "God made Cops, so Firemen could have Heroes."
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

I have the unimax red laser unit.............

not the green. I have it mounted on a Springfield XD .45ACP minus the pressure switch.
    Its worked fine thus far through approx 600 rounds comes on whenever I
    throw the switch. I'm pleased with how compact the unit is.
    One thing about green lasers. I had a green laser and found that even
    though it was much more visible in daylight there were still many instances
    (in daylight) where it still was difficult to pickup or not at all. Also, be aware
    that with green lasers at night or low light it will draw a bright line right back to your
    position from all angles of viewing, even if there is no smoke,fog,etc.
    Red laser only does this in the presence of fog,smoke,etc.

Feedback Score
    Been looking at these also. Thanks for the report.

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    I have a red LaserMax Uni mounted to the rail on my Elzetta flashlight mount and it works better than I expected.
    It is all plastic so I don't know how well it would handle a hard impact, but it is rugged enough for normal use.
    The small size and light weight are nice and the laser-pulsing feature makes spotting the laser much easier.

Jesus said, "I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled!" - Luke 12:49

Feedback Score
    Hi Guys! this is my first post since I registered last March.

I have one attached on my SBR.
    Really works great.
    But I don't think most of you guys will use it on tactical situations because they could actually see the lasers line at night thereby exposing your location but thats just my opinion.
    Nevertheless, I'm having fun using it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blazinevo View Post
    Hi Guys! this is my first post since I registered last March.

I have one attached on my SBR.
    Really works great.
    But I don't think most of you guys will use it on tactical situations because they could actually see the lasers line at night thereby exposing your location but thats just my opinion.
    Nevertheless, I'm having fun using it.
    Cool.. thanx for the picture.

Lasers do have tactical use, however like lights improper use can be detrimental. A laser is realy great in the L/E forum for a couple of instances. 1- I have seen the intimidation factor disuade a crook from doing something stupid he was pondering and may have done if the laser dot was not thereto assure him that his efforts would surely fail and be fatal. 2- When confronting multiple threats the laser dots let the partners know which threats are covered and which are not.

A laser is also handy if you want to look through say the crack in the door without exposing your body and then expose only the weapon which will send a bullet down range that you were able to sight in by seeing that laser dot through that crack or peephole.

I surely would decline to use a laser in any sustained fight for the reasons you stated.
    Last edited by CAPT KIRK; 10-26-08 at 22:57.
    "God made Cops, so Firemen could have Heroes."
    "We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1