Thread: NF 4-16 F1 ATACR

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

NF 4-16 F1 ATACR

Anybody have this issue? My scope has failed to lock down when returning to zero? I sent it in to get it fixed, it worked and now it doesn't again. I don't think the ATACR line is as Bullet Proof as the NXS flagship line.

For those who don't know, the ATACR line has a more sophisticated zero stop, and has a definitive lock when returning to zero.

I drink NF coolaid, but this has bumed me out a bit. I know NF will make it good as their CS is great, but man oh man.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Mine has been a battleship. I've dialed them only a few times for shooting, but I definitely played with them like a stupid kid for a few weeks when I first got it.

What did the behavior look like when it occurred? Were there any indications of failure prior to the onset?

I'll be interested in how this works out.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 06-18-18 at 13:31. Reason: grammar

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Not an implication or accusation on your part in any way, but the only time that my zero stop didn't work correctly is when I didn't follow the instructions on resetting the zero stop that included removing the elevation turret and loosening the 4 screws, resetting the top, and then reinstalling the turret.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    PB, as Jack mentioned, did you reset your zero hold turret? If you have adjusted your elevation zero more than a few mils without resetting the zero hold mechanism, it won't lock any longer. And don't forget: with the zero hold turret you can dial down 1-2 mils before disassembling the turret to reset the mechanism, so that you have the ability to go slightly below your zero for shooting up or down slopes.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ve had two of ‘em that got adjusted and reset quite a bit.

They’re confusing to reset and can require a few tries and profanity to set correctly.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Not an implication or accusation on your part in any way, but the only time that my zero stop didn't work correctly is when I didn't follow the instructions on resetting the zero stop that included removing the elevation turret and loosening the 4 screws, resetting the top, and then reinstalling the turret.
    Yes I did this. I even had the NF CS guy walk me through. As well explain the purpose of why they have that feature. He also sent “ easier to understand instructions “ on setting that zero stop. I’m going to mess with it today and see if I can figure it out before calling. Maybe stuff came loose. I’ll follow back with you guys.

Also it has worked fine for several weeks. Are you telling me it can go south if I do what ??
    Last edited by Pappabear; 06-18-18 at 15:03.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The itty bitty screws on the clutch that have to be torqued to 2 in/lbs can back out and cause everything to slip. I can’t remember if it would cause it to not lock. They need all 2 in/lbs or they will back out, but don’t put 3 on ‘em.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Yes, if those tiny screws loosen up then any time you dial elevation the center brass disc unscrews a little, rising up inside the turret and eventually the zero hold feature stops working.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I bought snap on bits AND finesse handle just for my NF scopes. I went in and tightened everything. It seems to
    Be working but doesn’t seem perfect. But it is working.

Also, to note that one of the Turret screws was kinda loose. I went in and tightened , by hand, have no idea what 2 inch lbs is like??? and all the zero stop screws just a bit.

When I first got it, when I came back to zero, it locked down hard. Now it seems to have one extra click of play. But Im good with that, I just want it to work.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 06-18-18 at 23:49.