Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hysteria on the Southern Border.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Hysteria on the Southern Border.

Interesting article here;
    http://thefederalist.com/2018/06/19/...bate-disaster/
    When emotionalism meets scaremongering, it’s difficult to have a useful debate about anything. Yet for immigration, those seem to be the two choices.
    The Trump administration has adopted a “zero tolerance” policy requiring law enforcement to prosecute illegal immigrants. Yes, the policy comports with the law. Yes, the Obama administration engaged in a similar policy on a smaller scale — and yes, the media covered it very differently.

The article goes on to lay the blame at the feet of all involved, however, it fails to explore the situation at the necessary depth for a complete understanding.
    Doesn't anyone remember the POTUS making a very, very generous offer to the Democrats involving DACA?
    Doesn't anyone remember he promised to fix this issue?

I'm at the point with this where I'm really unconcerned about locking up someones kids if it fixes this. If I decided to shoplift something and I brought a child along as an accomplice, I'm pretty sure we would be "separated" when I went to jail, so why should someone doing the same crime at an international border be treated any differently?
    Crossing that border illegally, needs to be a Felony the very first time someone does it, not the second, third or fourth.

Feedback Score
    Time will tell, but I think Trump is trying to force Congress to act on his immigration proposals. Trump is crazy like a fox. He blames them for the current situation while he secretly laughs that all the hoopla is going to cause fewer people to want to suffer the same fate when they get here.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Hey, what was that report that said the FBI and DoJ were... oh, wait, kids on the border! Trump is hitler!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Make everyone that crosses the line an instant felon (as you suggested). Process them, then put them through a rehab program that registers them as citizens.

They can't vote because they're felons, they get to stay, and everyone's happy.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    From another article, AKA, the view from the Left.
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...ight/23462120/
    As the Trump administration offers inconsistent justifications for the policy of separating migrant children from their parents at the US-Mexico border, an interview from 2017 featuring then-Homeland Security chief John Kelly has resurfaced in which he suggested the separation of families could help deter illegal immigration.
    When asked by CNN in March 2017 if the Trump administration was seriously considering separating migrant children from their parents, Kelly said, "Yes, I am considering in order to deter more movement along this terribly dangerous network. ... I am considering exactly that."
    "I would do almost anything to deter the people from Central America to getting on this very, very dangerous network that brings them up through Mexico into the United States," Kelly added.
    And this idiot said
    On Monday, former GOP presidential candidate Jeb Bush tweeted, "Children shouldn’t be used as a negotiating tool. [Trump] should end this heartless policy and Congress should get an immigration deal done that provides for asylum reform, border security and a path to citizenship for Dreamers."
    He too forgets that President Trump made a very generous offer and his own brother didn't fix it when he was POTUS.
    Dr. Colleen Kraft, the president of the American Academy of Pediatrics, on Monday told "CBS This Morning" the separation of families at the border amounts to a "form of child abuse."
    Gee Doctor Kraft, is bringing your Child along as you commit a crime Child Abuse also?
    Edit to add;
    https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...licy/23462077/
    Former first lady Michelle Obama neatly criticized the Trump administration’s child separation policy on Monday, breaking from the Obamas’ practice of (mostly) staying quiet about the current president.
    “Sometimes truth transcends party,” she wrote, pointing to former first lady Laura Bush’s Washington Post op-ed in which Obama’s Republican predecessor criticized the practice of separating immigrant children from their undocumented parents at the border.
    And these two Muppets are married to and sleep with guys that kicked the can down the road for POTUS Trump to fix?
    “Americans pride ourselves on being a moral nation, on being the nation that sends humanitarian relief to places devastated by natural disasters or famine or war,” Bush wrote in her op-ed. “We pride ourselves on believing that people should be seen for the content of their character, not the color of their skin. We pride ourselves on acceptance. If we are truly that country, then it is our obligation to reunite these detained children with their parents — and to stop separating parents and children in the first place.
    Morality, it could be debated is keeping your Oath of Office and protecting your Country from invasion couldn't it? BTW it isn't about race or skin color, the facts are we've asked for this issue to be fixed and the inhabitants of the Swamp have turned away from the issue and the chance to fix the situation with new laws.
    Last edited by Averageman; 06-19-18 at 11:11.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Hey, what was that report that said the FBI and DoJ were... oh, wait, kids on the border! Trump is hitler!
    Attachment 52488

Saw this on Facebook. That should make everyone a little nervous.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    Attachment 52488

Saw this on Facebook. That should make everyone a little nervous.
    Nah. I already know the two factions will eventually be at each other's throats. The red on this t-shirt is just a good aiming point for people so inclined.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Forgetting for the moment that between my father and myself, we put in a little over 50 years in immigration law enforcement, I ‘d still like to throw in my .02.

We have definitely become effing INSANE, and this proves it. The rest of the 24/7 news just underscores the fact.
    Mala striga deleta est. (The wicked witch is finished.)

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I'm at the point with this where I'm really unconcerned about locking up someones kids if it fixes this. If I decided to shoplift something and I brought a child along as an accomplice, I'm pretty sure we would be "separated" when I went to jail, so why should someone doing the same crime at an international border be treated any differently?
    Completely logical. You will persuade no one because the left doesn't use, or often even understand, logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyyr View Post
    Make everyone that crosses the line an instant felon (as you suggested). Process them, then put them through a rehab program that registers them as citizens.
    They can't vote because they're felons, they get to stay, and everyone's happy.
    You are far too generous and not thinking ahead. We don't want these people here. We don't want them taking welfare, social security, free ER treatment (they aren't collectible and EMTALA mandates treatment), seats in our schools, police and fire services either as victim or perpetrator, etc. We don't want them having kids here who get magic birthright citizenship. If they don't qualify for legal immigration to the T, they need to be sent back, wherever, it's not our problem and we aren't responsible to take in the whole world, or even just the whole world's welfare cases.

A country, a state, is defined by its borders and control over those borders. Look up international law if you like, it's a foundational concept. If the putative country does not control and defend its borders, it is not a country at all.

The current wave of migration is not a soft, fuzzy issue where all can be made happy. There will be winners and losers. We can choose to be winners or losers, but we can't make everyone a winner. The people supporting illegal immigration are largely people who hate the "old white men" who built the USA, and are deliberately trying to make those men, and their descendants, the losers.

As a rhetorical gesture, ask any lefties if Canada or Mexico should be compelled to accept our unemployed, our criminals, and anyone else who was born here but doesn't have a nice comfy place in our society. When they say no, ask them - why not?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Hey did you see that report that Trump is Hitler?...oh, wait, Space Corps.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast