Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Hysteria on the Southern Border.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    You guys keep talking about border control as if that’s the solution, it isn’t. That approach is no different from gun control or drug prohibition. The problem to deal with is what brings them here - jobs and benefits. Free health care in the ER. Schools and lunches for their kids.
    This. The easiest, cheapest, and most humane way to deal with the problem. Illegals will self deport when they can no longer get jobs, including all the illegals that didn't cross the southern border to get here.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If they aren't from Mexico, they had to cross Mexico to get here.
    Therefore, the problem is Mexico.
    Simple yet direct action against the Mexican government is immediately necessary.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A good number overstay a Visa as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Alright, elaborate if you will. What exactly do we as a country "owe" the unaccompanied minors.......and where do we draw the line, 'cause they keep coming?

And for those that would foster or adopt, you don't get one friggin' dime of taxpayer money to do so (federal, state, or local). Not a penny. It's on YOU 100%. Bet that "sponsor" list would dwindle rather quickly.
    What we 'owe' them is what we would 'owe' an abandoned child anyplace in the world, as you said humane treatment, needed medical care. I think that we also 'owe' them a return to their country of origin, not just punted over the border, and that we need to ensure they are reunited with family.

As far as adoption and foster care, the list for adoption probably wouldn't shrink as quickly as you'd think. The foster care volunteers would shrink, but many families would still foster with the intent to adopt.

Too many folks in America are becoming filled with hate for anything/anyone unlike them. That is a bad thing for America, IMO.

We need to close the border off. We need to deal humanely with the illegals already present in the United States. Some of those illegals are very productive citizens, some aren't. We need to humanely rid ourselves of those who aren't. We need to punish those who hire and take advantage of the illegals. IMO, they are a bigger problem than the illegals at this point.

We can do all that without a lot of hate and drama and tin horn threats.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshNC View Post
    Not sure how you took that from my post. I am talking about how to deal with ILLEGAL immigrants.
    Probably focused too much on this: We must ensure that the dems do not allow illegals cart Blanche to become citizens, because there is a high probability they will all vote Democrat.

Because that is a sorry-assed reason for developing policy.

Otherwise, I pretty much agreed with all you wrote.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    What we 'owe' them is what we would 'owe' an abandoned child anyplace in the world, as you said humane treatment, needed medical care. I think that we also 'owe' them a return to their country of origin, not just punted over the border, and that we need to ensure they are reunited with family.

As far as adoption and foster care, the list for adoption probably wouldn't shrink as quickly as you'd think. The foster care volunteers would shrink, but many families would still foster with the intent to adopt.

Too many folks in America are becoming filled with hate for anything/anyone unlike them [that in my case is not because they aren't like me but because they are being forced upon us and those of use who don't welcome it with open arms are being shamed just as your statement alludes to]. That is a bad thing for America, IMO.

We need to close the border off. We need to deal humanely with the illegals already present in the United States. Some of those illegals are very productive citizens [only they aren't "citizens" and should never be since they are here illegally], some aren't. We need to humanely rid ourselves of those who aren't. We need to punish those who hire and take advantage of the illegals. IMO, they are a bigger problem than the illegals at this point.

We can do all that without a lot of hate and drama and tin horn threats.
    You (not you personally) force people into a corner and you don't like their reaction? Resentment because needy, resource-sucking elements are invading our country unwanted and it is expected that we are now responsible for them? Sure, easy to say it's because of being "unlike" the rest of us. I don't care (as I've stated before) if they were from Ukraine, Kenya, the Philippines, or Latin America. It isn't a "different" thing, it's a "you have no business being here" thing.

Other than that just about everything you said I agree with. It is refreshing to see you feel a return to home of record is the end-goal, as it should be. You may have a more philanthropic bent than I do but not too far apart.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The country does not need anymore people.

The whole thing about how these illegals are producers is a lie. They consume more government resources than they pay in taxes.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    The country does not need anymore people.

The whole thing about how these illegals are producers is a lie. They consume more government resources than they pay in taxes.
    A very good point.
    Entering the country illegally places you behind the eight ball. If you are caught you might be deported, therefore you cannot lead a "normal" life as you will always be dependent upon hiding your status first and taking care of everything else second.
    Sanctuary Cities have removed some of the burden on the criminal alien, but have then in turn placed that burden on the tax payer of those local municipalities. I'm sure many Churches have welfare like programs that support those here in our Country illegally, I'm pretty sure that mine, though not very well advertised does.
    So essentially not being a citizen and not being documented leaves the burden to others to carry forward for them. I'm not sure how these folks can qualify for Federal assistance, but I am also pretty sure they do. No one in the Federal Government is being very transparent about just how much this is costing us.
    I'm absolutely sure that locally a lot of of the Children attending our schools are either here illegally or are anchor babies. Schools being the breeding ground for leftist dialog and idea's, I doubt I could find out those numbers either. BTW, we have free breakfast and lunch going all summer long, I'm guessing of you qualify for that, you qualify for a number of other programs to feed your children also.
    To say this is about race is a lie, it isn't about race at all, it is about Laws, Immigration and Justice for folks paying taxes and those policies, laws and monies going to subsidize people who are here and by law shouldn't be.
    The guy trying to raise a family, do the right thing and pay his taxes, send his kids to college and be a good citizen is being used as a tool for both the left as they will benefit by getting more voters (and these folks will eventually get to vote if they aren't doing so now);and big business's who want cheap labor. \
    We are squeezing the middle and lower middle class out of existence with these policies and doing it under the guise of not wanting to be called a Nazi racist.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    A very good point.
    Entering the country illegally places you behind the eight ball. If you are caught you might be deported, therefore you cannot lead a "normal" life as you will always be dependent upon hiding your status first and taking care of everything else second.
    Sanctuary Cities have removed some of the burden on the criminal alien, but have then in turn placed that burden on the tax payer of those local municipalities. I'm sure many Churches have welfare like programs that support those here in our Country illegally, I'm pretty sure that mine, though not very well advertised does.
    So essentially not being a citizen and not being documented leaves the burden to others to carry forward for them. I'm not sure how these folks can qualify for Federal assistance, but I am also pretty sure they do. No one in the Federal Government is being very transparent about just how much this is costing us.
    I'm absolutely sure that locally a lot of of the Children attending our schools are either here illegally or are anchor babies. Schools being the breeding ground for leftist dialog and idea's, I doubt I could find out those numbers either. BTW, we have free breakfast and lunch going all summer long, I'm guessing of you qualify for that, you qualify for a number of other programs to feed your children also.
    To say this is about race is a lie, it isn't about race at all, it is about Laws, Immigration and Justice for folks paying taxes and those policies, laws and monies going to subsidize people who are here and by law shouldn't be.
    The guy trying to raise a family, do the right thing and pay his taxes, send his kids to college and be a good citizen is being used as a tool for both the left as they will benefit by getting more voters (and these folks will eventually get to vote if they aren't doing so now);and big business's who want cheap labor. \
    We are squeezing the middle and lower middle class out of existence with these policies and doing it under the guise of not wanting to be called a Nazi racist.
    Oh I'm WAAAYYY past giving a damn what they call me. I have a few choice words for them too!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Portland Occupiers Shut Down ICE Office, Replace American Flag with 'Refugees Welcome' Flag.

"Occupy" protesters have been camping outside an ICE office in Portland, Oregon, leading the facility to temporarily shut down. The occupiers say that they won't leave until the Trump administration revokes its "zero tolerance" immigration policy.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/portlan...-welcome-flag/

Hope the Feds serve them up some tacos with a side of pepper spray and hickory shampoo.

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast