Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there a "best" A5 receiver extension?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I didn't notice any difference at all between VLTOR and BCM, aside from number of stock positions (I think the BCM has one more?).
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I have used Vltor and BCM. Both are GTG. Never tried MagPul. Their expertise lies in IMP and MIM.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ve been using VLTOR since 2010 or ‘11 and they’ve all been good. Magpul and LMT stocks fit snug every time.

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I have used multiple Vltor extensions on multiple builds, and find their fit and finish superior to BCM.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have used both brand new (non-blem) BCM and VLTOR. No quantifiable reason, but I prefer BCM - I think it's a little bit nicer than VLTOR cosmetically. Plus BCM has 8 positions which is also a minor plus IMHO.
    VLTOR blem unit can be bought a bit cheaper than BCM: https://www.vltor.com/shop/specials-...ver-extension/

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I have all three and used all three. Haines, Perry Ellis or Fruit of the Loom?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I've used Vltor and BCM, nothing negative with either. I'm just glad we have three quality choices now and can usually find at least one of them somewhere.
    Last edited by titsonritz; 06-21-18 at 21:09.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I have two BCMs, since I was ordering stuff from them anyway and the VLTOR A5 RE was OOS at the time.

I do have a regular carbine RE from VLTOR and it’s finish could be slightly better then the BCMs, but functionally I don’t think it matters.

Pick what you like.

Feedback Score
    Just a quick update, since I have all three of these A5 receiver extensions now.

In a ranking of best to worst.

#1 = Vltor

#2 = BCM

#3 = Magpul

This is only a ranking based on their finished appearance, as they all should work equally as well.

The Vltor and BCM receiver extensions are almost equally as nice in their external finish, with the slight edge going to Vltor. Internally Vltor wins as it's interior finish is mirror smooth, the BCM is a little rough with visible swirls/machine marks. The Magpul receiver extensions are rough looking externally with almost a cracking look to their surface texture, and they are just a tad worse looking internally than the BCM receiver extension.

The Vltor receiver extensions are basically almost equal to the internal smoothness seen in the old stock Colt rifle receiver extensions available at Specialized Armament.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 10-03-18 at 22:55.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556Cliff View Post
    Just a quick update, since I have all three of these A5 receiver extensions now.

In a ranking of best to worst.

#1 = Vltor

#2 = BCM

#3 = Magpul

This is only a ranking based on their finished appearance, as they all should work equally as well.

The Vltor and BCM receiver extensions are almost equally as nice in their external finish, with the slight edge going to Vltor. Internally Vltor wins as it's interior finish is mirror smooth, the BCM is a little rough with visible swirls/machine marks. The Magpul receiver extensions are rough looking externally with almost a cracking look to their surface texture, and they are just a tad worse looking internally than the BCM receiver extension.

The Vltor receiver extensions are basically almost equal to the internal smoothness seen in the old stock Colt rifle receiver extensions available at Specialized Armament.
    In my experience I’ve not experienced any finish issues with Magpul. I don’t know exactly how many Magpul RE tubes I’ve used but the total number across all A5’s is 20+. I’d say the finish was better than the 3-4 BCM’s I’ve used. The fact mine get marred, scratched, some painted means that it really doesn’t matter aesthetically. That’s the only differences I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast