Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is there a "best" A5 receiver extension?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    In my experience I’ve not experienced any finish issues with Magpul. I don’t know exactly how many Magpul RE tubes I’ve used but the total number across all A5’s is 20+. I’d say the finish was better than the 3-4 BCM’s I’ve used. The fact mine get marred, scratched, some painted means that it really doesn’t matter aesthetically. That’s the only differences I’ve seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My sample size is much smaller, I only have 1 from Vltor, 1 from BCM and 2 from Magpul.

Externally I don't think the finish really matters, internally it probably doesn't matter much either as long as it's not sandpaper rough.
    Last edited by 556Cliff; 10-03-18 at 23:17.

Feedback Score
    I just switched one of my carbines to a BCM A5 RE. Nice piece, only A5 RE I've ever used.

NYH1.

ROLLTIDE!
    NYSRPA Member.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have four or five Vltor A5 seven position RE's and they've been great for me.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    What is an A5 stock for? I keep seeing them mentioned but i dont know what they do differently.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo Sierra View Post
    What is an A5 stock for? I keep seeing them mentioned but i dont know what they do differently.

It is not a stock, it is a buffer system consisting a receiver extension 3/4" longer than a standard carbine tube, a proprietary buffer by Vltor and rifle length action spring. There are multiple threads on the subject, the search button is your friend.

Start here:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...92#post2632292
    Last edited by titsonritz; 10-04-18 at 16:58.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    The A5 buffer system is magick. Pure unadulterated magick.

That’s all you need to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    It is not a stock, it is a buffer system consisting a receiver extension 3/4" longer than a standard carbine tube, a proprietary buffer by Vltor and rifle length action spring. There are multiple threads on the subject, the search button is your friend.

Start here:
    https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...92#post2632292
    "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms"
    Guess that search button isnt so friendly.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms"
    Guess that search button isnt so friendly.
    Try the link I post, there are other links on the subject there.

As far as the search feature goes I've found the M4C version to be superior to others I've seen... 1)Once you know how use it 2)Know what your looking for
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I’m currently using a BCM and a Magpul. Both are excellent. I like that the Magpul has 10 position options but too many choices can also be a bad thing. Lol
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky5019 View Post
    I’m currently using a BCM and a Magpul. Both are excellent. I like that the Magpul has 10 position options but too many choices can also be a bad thing. Lol
    I agree, I cant seem to make up my mind with all of the different positions. This is especially an issue with the Magpul 10 position receiver extension.

Though this really is a first world problem, and I'm sure that I'll figure it out eventually.

I have no issues with Colt 4 position receiver extensions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123