Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3 Noveske recievers scrapped this week- Help please.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rdot View Post
    Excuse my ignorance as I've never installed a URX rail, but why couldn't/didn't you use the clam shell block for the install?

ETA: The tight fit between the receiver and barrel is desirable. Use a heat gun/hair dryer to warm up the receiver and the barrel will press in by hand.
    The URX4 is the barrel nut and I didn't use my clam shell because its made of plastic and warps under force. I have a noveske barrel, that's why I chose a noveske upper. I have a hard time mixing certain manufactures with other manufactures. But the barrel was not just a tight fit, it to a point where I had to use my rubber mallet to get it on all the way and that was after applying heat to the upper.

And this is another thing but Noveske is really good about returning items that are broke or wrong. I am not going to return these but I have returned stuff to them in the past and there are no questions asked. On the other hand I purchased (3) URX4 rails from KAC and I wanted to exchange 1 and they claimed that it had been installed and was used when it was still in the original packaging. They told me there QA department said it had damage to the threads and could not be re-sold. That's frustrating because I never opened the package, I wanted to exchange my 10" for a 10.75". I ended up buying a new rail from my dealer for his price from RSR which was $171.92. So this one build is like 2 months in the works because I have had to wait on parts to come in and exchange parts that were wrong. Im getting to the point where I just want this done. I wasn't wanting to destroy $500 worth of parts but I had figured the first one was fluke, second one was my fault and the third proved to me that it may have been a material issue.

Maybe the URX4 and the Noveske Gen 1 upper receiver are not compatible with each other. I have a MK18 MOD 1 build on a Noveske Gen 1 upper and I had no issues at all. Easy build. I have used Noveske Gen 1 uppers for many builds before so this was new for me.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephant View Post
    I watched a KAC video on youtube on how to install the URX4 and I was doing it right.
    IIRC the KAC URX4 install video shows a 'reaction rod' type fixture used in the barrel extension.

Feedback Score
    12 (93%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elephantrider View Post
    IIRC the KAC URX4 install video shows a 'reaction rod' type fixture used in the barrel extension.
    Yes it does but once I added the proper shims, my rail was about 11:30-11:45 position at hand tight which would only require about 30lbs or torque to get my rail to TDC. I figured a vise block was suitable for 30-35lbs of torque without problems. I thought a reaction rod was for bigger jobs like 50-80lbs or torque. Either way, I ordered a reaction rod earlier and kind of scared to try this again tonight. Im too tired and I think I broke my hand.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Here's a novel thought. Stop at receiver number 1 and then contact Noveske first to address the issue. Once you have contacted them per the site rules, we can revisit this disaster.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123