Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Q Suppressors - Opinions ?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Tapers require more torque to remove a fitting than was applied. The CB and can is a taper interface. The barrel and CB is not...

Rocksett offers very low adhesion. I cannot tell a rocksetted muzzle device from one that was not, when removing them, except visually afterwards. Regardless, gluing the device to the barrel to remove the can...when it is presumed you properly set the gun up initially this way, anyways...is a rather weak solution.

I agree. Opposite threads.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I cannot tell a rocksetted muzzle device from one that was not, when removing them, except visually afterwards.
    Not to dispute what you are saying but I have had the complete opposite results with rockset when properly applied. Rockset in the single serving packages from sico, surefire, and aac are crap and will not work. They maybe have a life span of 6 months.

Clean both the barrel threads and those of muzzle device with acetone and place 2 drops on the barrel threads and another 2 drops on the muzzle device threads and in my experience you will have to use excessive torque to break the muzzle device free.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    Not to dispute what you are saying but I have had the complete opposite results with rockset when properly applied. Rockset in the single serving packages from sico, surefire, and aac are crap and will not work. They maybe have a life span of 6 months.

Clean both the barrel threads and those of muzzle device with acetone and place 2 drops on the barrel threads and another 2 drops on the muzzle device threads and in my experience you will have to use excessive torque to break the muzzle device free.
    LH threads is the optimum solution, but I’ve never had an issue with the MD coming off with the can with rockset. Proper prep and not using the single serving packs that are usually half dried up is the key.

This is what I use, it’s not cheap but this will last a guy and his buddies forever.

https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-t...prod54624.aspx
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 10-25-19 at 08:58.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567