Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Adjustable gas block or adjustable bolt carrier?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Of the two options, Gas Block all the way.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    50/50
    The reality is, you will shoot your shorty AR suppressed 100% of the time. Might as well tune it to match. Tune Once. Cry Once.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I don't feel like searching for you but there is an extensive thread about the ultimate sbr somewhere on the forum. Users discussed the LMT Enhanced BCG, sprinco spring, and A5 tube and buffers...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I’m surprised this thread has got this deep and no one has asked what barrel are you planning on running?

You might not even need those options. If you get the right barrel a LMT Enhanced BCG might do you well, that and a GB from Clint maybe all you need.

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    . Might as well tune it to match
    How do you suggest doing that?

Feedback Score
    44 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    I’m surprised this thread has got this deep and no one has asked what barrel are you planning on running?

You might not even need those options. If you get the right barrel a LMT Enhanced BCG might do you well, that and a GB from Clint maybe all you need.
    11.5 inch barrel

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by snackgunner View Post
    How do you suggest doing that?
    Options are a reduced gas port barrel like the sionics, an adjustable gas block like the SLR, or you can go with the BRT CustomTUNE Gas Ports.

If you actually run the gun 50/50 then the adjustable BCG is a good option but if you are going to run the gun suppressed all the time, the above options are the way to go.

Feedback Score
    I prefer an adjustable gas block as I change ammo depending on what is cheaper at the time. My gas block is JP and I haven't had any problems with it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I find this very convenient:
    https://innovativearms.com/war/

To me, "dedicated" also means "severely restricted versatility". I don't like the idea of a gun that doesn't work when you remove an accessory.

The further upstream you choke the gas off, the better, but so many gas block options are not easy to operate. The adjustable bolt carrier doesn't check the gas before it gets into the carrier, it lets it all in and vents the excess. That means more ejection port noise and gas in the face.

The WAR restricts it from getting into the carrier and is super simple to use. It's not the cheapest nor the easiest to incorporate but is sure works well.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ned Christiansen View Post
    I find this very convenient:
    https://innovativearms.com/war/

To me, "dedicated" also means "severely restricted versatility". I don't like the idea of a gun that doesn't work when you remove an accessory.

The further upstream you choke the gas off, the better, but so many gas block options are not easy to operate. The adjustable bolt carrier doesn't check the gas before it gets into the carrier, it lets it all in and vents the excess. That means more ejection port noise and gas in the face.

The WAR restricts it from getting into the carrier and is super simple to use. It's not the cheapest nor the easiest to incorporate but is sure works well.

Below are some answered questions on the WAR adjustabe receiver :

What comes with the W.A.R. ? Forward assist, and dust cover assembly already installed, and one proprietary gas tube in either, pistol, carbine, or midlength.

Does it have a M4 feed ramp? Yes. The W.A.R. is a mil spec, forged upper receiver, with M4 feed ramps, machined for the killswitch and type 3 hardcoat anodized.

Can I shut the gas off? Yes. If you place the lever in between the two settings the gas is turned off.

Can I use the W.A.R. with .300 blk ? Yes and No. You can use only .300 blk high velocity with the pistol length gas system in both settings. Due to the low pressure of .300 blk subsonic, the rifle will not cycle while in the suppressed setting. The rifle will always function properly with any ammunition in the unsuppressed setting, even when a silencer is used.

What calibers can I use with the W.A.R.? 5.56, .223, 6.5, 6.8 spc, 7.62 x 39, 5.45 x 39, and .300 blk HV.

Can I use a 7.62 (.308) silencer? Yes. However, not all silencers are created equal, and some may not produce enough back pressure to cycle reliably. The W.A.R. requires a quality silencer.

Do I have to use a special gas tube? Yes, the W.A.R. includes one proprietary gas tube in either pistol, carbine or midlength. Additional gas tubes are available separately.

Can I take the killswitch apart to clean it? No. The W.A.R. parts do not require any maintenance, and are not for disassembly by the end user.

Can I buy replacement parts? No. Replacement parts are not sold separately, except for additional gas tubes. The W.A.R. has a 100% warranty. If required, you would send in your W.A.R. upper for inspection, and parts may be repaired or replaced at our facility.

What is the warranty? All products manufactured by Innovative Arms have a 100% warranty. WARRANTY & FAQ

Which manufactures have barrels with the correct gas port hole size of .084 – .093? There are a number of AR manufactures that outsource their barrels, and they may change their sources without notice. Because of this we are not able to list specific manufactures with any certainty. You will need to contact the manufacturer of the particular rifle you are using to verify their gas port hole size.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast