Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: John McCain and the Bullies at the IRS.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

John McCain and the Bullies at the IRS.

This is interesting;

https://www.judicialwatch.org/press-...ous-targeting/

Judicial Watch today released newly obtained internal IRS documents, including material revealing that Sen. John McCain’s former staff director and chief counsel on the Senate Homeland Security Permanent Subcommittee, Henry Kerner, urged top IRS officials, including then-director of exempt organizations Lois Lerner, to “audit so many that it becomes financially ruinous.” Kerner was appointed by President Trump as Special Counsel for the United States Office of Special Counsel.
    The explosive exchange was contained in notes taken by IRS employees at an April 30, 2013, meeting between Kerner, Lerner, and other high-ranking IRS officials. Just ten days following the meeting, former IRS director of exempt organizations Lois Lerner admitted that the IRS had a policy of improperly and deliberately delaying applications for tax-exempt status from conservative non-profit groups.
    Lerner and other IRS officials met with select top staffers from the Senate Governmental Affairs Committee in a “marathon” meeting to discuss concerns raised by both Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI) and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) that the IRS was not reining in political advocacy groups in response to the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision.
    Senator McCain had been the chief sponsor of the McCain-Feingold Act and called the Citizens United decision, which overturned portions of the Act, one of the “worst decisions I have ever seen.”
    Judicial Watch previously reported on the 2013 meeting. Senator McCain then issued a statement decrying “false reports claiming that his office was somehow involved in IRS targeting of conservative groups.”
    Judicial Watch separately uncovered that Lerner was under significant pressure from both Democrats in Congress and the Obama DOJ and FBI to prosecute and jail the groups the IRS was already improperly targeting. In discussing pressure from Senator Sheldon Whitehouse (Democrat-Rhode Island) to prosecute these “political groups,” Lerner admitted, “it is ALL about 501(c)(4) orgs and political activity.”
    “The Obama IRS scandal is bipartisan – McCain and Democrats who wanted to regulate political speech lost at the Supreme Court, so they sought to use the IRS to harass innocent Americans,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “The Obama IRS scandal is not over – as Judicial Watch continues to uncover smoking gun documents that raise questions about how the Obama administration weaponized the IRS, the FEC, FBI, and DOJ to target the First Amendment rights of Americans.”

I mean, I know he was a POW and a lot of folks consider him a Hero, but the more I learn about this guy, honestly, I really dislike his character.

Feedback Score
    He has....
    Long ago gone in the red for any status his vet/POW status standing bought him in my eyes.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Consider the length and depth of this scandal?
    These are all documents incriminating some major players in the last administration and these charges are pretty serious.
    I'm rather surprised it's gone relatively unnoticed.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post
    He has....
    Long ago gone in the red for any status his vet/POW status standing bought him in my eyes.
    This is my opinion as well. McCain has repeatedly gone against the constitution and people of this Nation in ways I consider almost unforgivable.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Consider the length and depth of this scandal?
    These are all documents incriminating some major players in the last administration and these charges are pretty serious.
    I'm rather surprised it's gone relatively unnoticed.
    Surprised, really? This is no where near as important as crying babies in internment camps and evil President Trump who hates kids. Or that the streets are running red with blood from the mass shootings perpetrated by the NRA and Publix.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    Imagine if some Bush holdovers had similar texts about Obama in 2008?

and again- this is what they talked about on govt computers through servers.... imagine what else there is out there...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    This is my opinion as well. McCain has repeatedly gone against the constitution and people of this Nation in ways I consider almost unforgivable.
    That's right..the sooner he takes a dirt nap, the better off the country will be. I just feel sorry for the people of Arizona, as it seems that Mcstain is planning on making his wife senator after he dies..WTF!! I guess the voters have no say?
    There's a race of men who don't fit in, A race that can't stay still, So, they break the hearts of kith and kin, and roam the world at will..

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I believe there is a virtual media black-out on this story.
    Although I can do a search and find s lot of information, nothing at all from the major networks.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post

I mean, I know he was a POW and a lot of folks consider him a Hero, but the more I learn about this guy, honestly, I really dislike his character.
    Just because the man served his country and was capture/tortured 50 years ago doesn't give him a blank check to be an Unamerican scum-bag later in life. Ramairthree has it right, he used up those points long ago.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Right scoop has more on this. Never liked the guy.

http://therightscoop.com/judicial-wa...d-john-mccain/

“The Obama IRS scandal is bipartisan – McCain and Democrats who wanted to regulate political speech lost at the Supreme Court, so they sought to use the IRS to harass innocent Americans,” said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton. “The Obama IRS scandal is not over – as Judicial Watch continues to uncover smoking gun documents that raise questions about how the Obama administration weaponized the IRS, the FEC, FBI, and DOJ to target the First Amendment rights of Americans.”

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast