Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt enhanced patrol rifle

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Colt enhanced patrol rifle

If there is already a thread about these, a mod can delete this. I didn't see any theads.

Colt is offering a the enhanced patrol rifle in two configurations I see, an 11" and 16".

Can someone here explain the differences between the trooper and the epr.

https://www.colt.com/detail-page/enh...if-556-115-301

https://www.colt.com/detail-page/enh...f-556mm-16-301

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    From the site, it looks like the EPR has MBUS Pros, B5 stock, and ambi safety.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The rail on the EPR is the standard Centurion MLok rail with the QD sockets, not the one Centurion made as the OEM for the Trooper.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Feedback Score
    Does the EPR have the SOCOM/M4A1 barrel perhaps?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I hadn't heard of it before this thread.

I don't know what barrel it's got, but it seems to be carbine gassed with a shaved FSB (no surprise there).

It appears to be a solid competitor in the ~$1250 arena, like the CCU.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    We just finished issuing out 80+ of these only in 14.5” configuration. The model number was 6921EPR or something of that sort when I glanced at the inventory sheet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ZGXtreme View Post
    We just finished issuing out 80+ of these only in 14.5” configuration. The model number was 6921EPR or something of that sort when I glanced at the inventory sheet.
    Was it a SOCOM profile behind the shaved FSB or standard M4 (thin) profile?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    My impression is that these use the standard 6920 profile barrels. The Spec sheet doesn't list the barrels as being Heavy or SOCOM profile.

The main differences between a Trooper and the EPR is first, the EPR lower has Bambi selector switch, like the Colt 6960 CCU. The Centurion hand guard is different and has built in QD attachments on the EPR vs the proprietary rail Colt had made for the Trooper. The EPR comes from the factory with the MagPul PRO MUBS and a B5 stock.

I bought a Trooper last fall when they were stupid cheap ($689.00). I added a MagPul PRO MBUS and a MagPul MOE-sl stock. At that time, even adding my cost for the stock and sight, the Trooper was a better deal than buying an EPR. With the current pricing on Troopers, The EPR would be worth a hard look.

As an Agency issued rifle, the EPR in any of the three barrel lengths would be an excellent platform for an issued Patrol Rifle. Especially the 11.5" model.

I would love to see Colt take the 11.5" EPR and make an AR Pistol out of it. Take a page from Daniel Defense and offer it with or without a Law Tactical Folder installed. I know I'd buy one, or two of them...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Was it a SOCOM profile behind the shaved FSB or standard M4 (thin) profile?
    I’m not sure, I didn’t accept one of them and continued carrying my 6933 instead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZGXtreme View Post
    LE Patrol issue, or something else?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast