Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Describe a satisfying day off..

Feedback Score

Describe a satisfying day off..

Today’s was pretty satisfying for me.

I got my fifty year old ass out of bed, worked out on some of my 24 year old weights and racks, got into a 49 year old car, threw on my 20 year old very high end sunglasses, carried my 28 year old pistol, put in a 38 year old 8-track, went to the local gun store, bought a 110 year old pump shotgun, took it to the range and fired a few boxes of 26 year old squirrel/rabbit shot I have been meaning to use up after relocating.

I got home and had some 15 year old scotch.

The kids are out of school or back from college. We are getting ready to watch a 14 year old movie I took them to when they were kids, then go see the sequel.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    I fill an ice chest with beer. I don my FLC vest and my favorite carbine, and hike the hundred yards or so from the house to a spot on the ranch where I can set the ice chest and my carbine on some old rusting farm machinery. I proceed to slowly empty the ice chest while watching for critters, and, after dark, the moon rise.

Feedback Score
    I had the day as well but I wouldn't call it satisfying, I finished the day off with getting a vasectomy...lol
    Started out great tho, washed two of our vehicles and mowed grass. I recently applied hydro helix on my F250 and has been awesome so far, it's a ceramic coating that is way easier to apply than wax. Basically spray it on and wipe off. I've got to do the wife's car soon but that'll have to wait until I heal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I fill an ice chest with beer. I don my FLC vest and my favorite carbine, and hike the hundred yards or so from the house to a spot on the ranch where I can set the ice chest and my carbine on some old rusting farm machinery. I proceed to slowly empty the ice chest while watching for critters, and, after dark, the moon rise.
    Alcohol and firearms.......

j/k
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post

j/k
    I guess I won't post the story about how in my younger days me and my buds used to buy a case of beer and a case of ammo and........Nah.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A day without my work phone blowing up...

I wouldn’t mind going to the lake this weekend though.. kicking back and poppin a few tops.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=ABNAK;2636432]Alcohol and firearms.......

Whatever.
    If someone’s skills in handling a firearm, piloting an aircraft, racing a car, or performing surgery are so meager, they can’t handle it with a few drinks in them, then they probably aren’t fit to do it sober.
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=ramairthree;2636516]
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post

Whatever.
    If someone’s skills in handling a firearm, piloting an aircraft, racing a car, or performing surgery are so meager, they can’t handle it with a few drinks in them, then they probably aren’t fit to do it sober.
    So, as a 'quiet professional' you really think that?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Three F’s

Fishing
    Fotography
    F******

Fishing puts you directly in touch with nature. Fotography makes you really pay attention to your surroundings. And who needs to sell F******? Finish off some beans by the fire and let it rip, maybe even light some on fire.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    A little wife-time in the morning
    Shooting by myself around noon-afternoon
    Fish with friends or hunt afternoon-evening
    Cook bounty with some brews and friends

As for alcohol and firearms, we are all adults here (if you’re not one, it doesnt apply to you).
    Last edited by MegademiC; 06-22-18 at 23:22.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast