Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Describe a satisfying day off..

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=26 Inf;2636520]
    Quote Originally Posted by ramairthree View Post

So, as a 'quiet professional' you really think that?
    I was joking, but on second thought, if you can kick ass at any of those with a buzz on, you’d have to be really good at it compared to a guy that is barely competent sober. Are you saying that does not sound logical to you?
    “Where weapons may not be carried, it is well to carry weapons.”

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just coming home from Kauai.
    A satisfying week off.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Describe a satisfying day off..

Not working.
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 06-23-18 at 04:13.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=ramairthree;2636545]
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post

I was joking, but on second thought, if you can kick ass at any of those with a buzz on, you’d have to be really good at it compared to a guy that is barely competent sober. Are you saying that does not sound logical to you?
    Sorry, should have caught that.

Sounding logical and actually being logical are two different things.

There are well-documented physiological changes which occur when we put alcohol on board. Generally, we (the person drinking) are the least qualified person to determine if we are sober enough to drive, etc.

Personally, I won't get on a motorcycle after one beer/drink and I won't drive a car after two.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    I put a radio in a car for a buddy before Christmas and he brought me a case of corona a few days later. I still have at least 6 left in the fridge. That's with me and the wife drinking them, that's how rarely I drink. I just rarely want a beer, not opposed to drinking either; I just rarely do. So I fall into the category of 1 and done. I'm always tethered to my phone for work issues and sometimes that requires making an appearance if it hits the fan so that's part of it (we run 24/7/365). I also don't drive in the very rare occasion I have more than 1. But I see no issue in me having 1 and then target practicing or reloading.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Perfect day off starts with getting home alive and uninjured. I am starting to show my boys how to do carpentry. I love making sawdust. I have also found my inner child again with some basic rifle skills using a pellet rifle. My boys are learning how to shoot and I am relaxing and enjoying time with them.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Work phone doesn't ring and no one bothers me. I'm simple.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Happened this past Saturday. Hooked up the boat and drove down to the coast with the family. We launched about 9am and headed out to a barrier island close by. Dropped my wife and daughter off on the sound side of the island so they could hang out and my son and I went to the ocean side of the island and started trolling for Spanish Mackerel. We got into them right away. After a couple of hours we both had out limit of nice sized mackerel. Cleaned them right there on the boat, threw them into the cooler and headed back in and hung out for the rest of the day on the back side of the island. Couldn't ask for a better day.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Today! I hit the range @ 1:30 with a colleague, and try out my battlebelt/chest rig setup, and run a few 1 - 2 - 3 drills. My colleague is also unfamiliar with a battlebelt and chest rig, so I get to do a little teachin', too. 75 for a high today, and low humidity - perfect way to spend a Monday!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    A Sunday when Ferrari wins in F1 is always satisfying. Didn't get that this Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Alcohol and firearms.......
    What happened to training how you fight?
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast