Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How my KISS carbine became less kissable.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nice! You forgot to mention you changed the sling

What does that weigh?

What does the 6x mag weigh?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Looks good to me.

I always say KISS should mean it’s simple to use. You have everything covered. Near to far, night and day.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 17K View Post
    Looks good to me.

I always say KISS should mean it’s simple to use. You have everything covered. Near to far, night and day.
    This. An rds makes it more simple to aim, lights make it simple to ID targets, and a sling makes it simple to do other things (just drop the gun).

A bare carbine is complicated when climbing, shooting in the dark, actually doing stuff etc.

Greg, looks like “kiss” intentions ended up as purpose-built, which is good.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 06-22-18 at 23:04.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    It was 7.6 loaded w magpul rear sight only and sling super KISS.

It was 8.3 pounds pencil barrel loaded with aimpoint, sling, buis, and x200 on scout mount. Sensible Kiss

It is 9.7 loaded with bcm stock, socom barrel, geissele rail, vampire light, aimpoint t-2, mbus Pro, surefire fh, magnifier mount, sling PEQ and mag.

6x mag and flip mount is .6 pounds
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just what you need, and nothing but. KISS can be taken too far to become a stripped down rifle that resembles a Vietnam era AR. If that's what all a user needs, it's KISS for him. For me, it means something else, and it's not someone else's KISS.

In 14 years, the configuration for me hasn't changed much. The bulky M900 light is gone, and will be replaced by an M600DF. The old PEQ2-A was replaced by a PEQ-15. 4x32 ACOG upgraded from TA310DOC to TA31ECOS, got rid of the useless anti-walk pins, the carbine's capabilities have stayed the same. This is my KISS. No bipods, brake or comp, range finder (lol), etc. Just what I actually use, and nothing but.

Last edited by Duffy; 06-23-18 at 00:47.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    KISS

Don’t worry about what other people think and run your gun the way you want it. One size does not fit all so keep it simple by customize it to your needs.

The Raptor is an awesome ambI charging handle.
    Last edited by voiceofreason; 06-23-18 at 06:52. Reason: Grammar

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looks good to me. Going by your pup's expression, I believe there's something you're not telling us. Give it up.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    A KISS carbine does not need to mean that it's a naked carbine.

And these projects can quickly become a money sucking vortex...

What are your thoughts on the Aimpoint 6x magnifier after having one for a while?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    It is a cool piece of kit, but certainly no necessity. Once you get past 150 yards it really is handy. That being said, I usually keep it in my sneaky bag with my spare ammo, and supressor. The removable flip to side mount is really nice too. I like the focus ring and it is built to the usual Aimpoint level of quality.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    How’s the eyebox and FOV on the 6x? I have a 3x I keep handy at work that I really like but that 6x kinda calls to me...there are some potentially long shots out in my AO and useing it as a moncular when out on foot or at a LP/OP could be handy. I have a Vortex 8x mono that works great for that but being able to have 1 piece of equipment rather than 2 would be nice.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast