Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: WANTED: Silencerco Omega 300 Owner FeedBack

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I too am looking at the Omega right now...especially woth the SiCo summer deal; get a can for >800 and get an Octane 9/45 for free (minus stamp) or >700 and a Warlock or spectre for free.

Was looking at the Omega (weight and versatility) and the Chimera (suppression—haven't heard anything ablut tone though and ruggedness).

Also looking at the Sandman S and L.

There are so many good cans really right now, it makes it hard for me to decide.
    Last edited by hotrodder636; 06-24-18 at 14:46.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    I too am looking at the Omega right now...especially woth the SiCo summer deal; get a can for >800 and get an Octane 9/45 for free (minus stamp) or >700 and a Warlock or spectre for free.

Was looking at the Omega (weight and versatility) and the Chimera (suppression—haven't heard anything ablut tone though and ruggedness).

Also looking at the Sandman S and L.

There are so many good cans really right now, it makes it hard for me to decide.
    I've been looking at these charts for dB comparisons which are harder to find than the other specs such as weight, length etc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2048334335

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    How bad is the loosening of the Omega outer shell? Does it loosen within just a few rounds or does it take hundreds of rounds?

I am thinking the cause of loosening could be due to the different rates of expansion in the Ti Shell vs the end caps (stainless or stellite?)

Has anyone used any anti-seize on the threads to get a touch more torque to keep this suppressor from loosening yet without the danger of seizing the components?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joeg26er View Post
    How bad is the loosening of the Omega outer shell? Does it loosen within just a few rounds or does it take hundreds of rounds?

I am thinking the cause of loosening could be due to the different rates of expansion in the Ti Shell vs the end caps (stainless or stellite?)

Has anyone used any anti-seize on the threads to get a touch more torque to keep this suppressor from loosening yet without the danger of seizing the components?
    For me it had to do with the on / off torque. One day it just spun free. It's just held in place by rockset. I use antiseize on all my cans.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by themonk View Post
    For me it had to do with the on / off torque. One day it just spun free. It's just held in place by rockset. I use antiseize on all my cans.
    Can you clarify "just spun free"? How many rounds did you have through it the first time you noticed it was loose? Are you saying you are constantly tightening the shell? Have you contacted SilencerCo about this issue?

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Can you clarify "just spun free"? How many rounds did you have through it the first time you noticed it was loose? Are you saying you are constantly tightening the shell? Have you contacted SilencerCo about this issue?
    Couple thousand. The shell is the can so if your going to tighten it down your torquing the outer tube. It's held in place by rockset. I have lots of rockset. No need to send it back if I can fix it myself.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I love mine, yes as I own two. Running one in the 30 cal config and the other in 5.56. No issues at all, 6.5 creed, 300 Black, 5.56

Possibly if i had to have a dedicated can for a bolt gun I may have went a different route. I believe it is the best do all can.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokin338 View Post
    Light and minimal POI shifts...
    That has been my experience over a couple of thousand rounds. Still feels handy enough on a 10.5" 5.56 barrel.

Can't say I've had this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    I love mine, yes as I own two. Running one in the 30 cal config and the other in 5.56. No issues at all, 6.5 creed, 300 Black, 5.56

Possibly if i had to have a dedicated can for a bolt gun I may have went a different route. I believe it is the best do all can.
    I have one can so my comments should taken with that in mind but I would agree on the best do it all can comment. I use it on 308 and 7mm Rem Mag bolt guns. It does an outstanding job on muzzle rise and recoil.

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    I have one.

After the many reports of failed ASR mounts I sold my muzzle devices and went to the omega key-mo adaptor for dead air devices. But I used my dead air can more than my omega so now the omega is direct thread only duty.

Dead air is more durable. Just look at the materials to compare.

Durability, blowback and single-motion attachment are priorities for me, especially for any barrel tucked in a rail. Dead air does that. Barrel length minimum is next. Dead air has no minimum. Omega is 10.5 for 556 and longer for 308. While it meets the most common configurations, it doesn’t do them all. And you never know what you may get into in the future as far as rifles go.

Dead air and SiCo have been equally good CS.

You have to be happy with your decision. So pick what you want.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by fledge View Post
    I have one.

After the many reports of failed ASR mounts I sold my muzzle devices and went to the omega key-mo adaptor for dead air devices. But I used my dead air can more than my omega so now the omega is direct thread only duty.

Dead air is more durable. Just look at the materials to compare.

Durability, blowback and single-motion attachment are priorities for me, especially for any barrel tucked in a rail. Dead air does that. Barrel length minimum is next. Dead air has no minimum. Omega is 10.5 for 556 and longer for 308. While it meets the most common configurations, it doesn’t do them all. And you never know what you may get into in the future as far as rifles go.

Dead air and SiCo have been equally good CS.

You have to be happy with your decision. So pick what you want.
    Thanks
    Which dead air are you using and how does the blowback, dB and total system weight compare to the Omega ?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast