Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Differences in PSA LPK Triggers- markings and feel

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by phixion View Post
    And just like that, another PSA bash thread.

OP, with the voulme they put out, they almost certainly source triggers (and LPK's) from multiple vendors. If you are not happy with the trigger, contact them.
    Totally agree with your assessment. And, their polished nickel fire control set is not bad. My experience has been that their actual raw parts are quite good. Now, when you try to mix and match different batches of LPKs, you are going to open yourself up to potential issues, just as @phixion mentioned. The quality of parts, like lower parts, upper receiver parts, roll pins, taper pins, grips, etc. has been better than some other name brand parts companies. Major parts, like receivers and barrels, not the same level of compfort.
    John
    aka LONGSHOT2000

Disclosure:
    Part-Owner of Charlies Custom Clones
    Avid firearms enthusiast and 2A Constitutionalist
    and agitator of the left and the FAKE NEWS
    Scope Slut and Barrel Nerd

Instagram
    twitter
    youtube
    facebook

Feedback Score
    Tore it apart and put it back together, same thing.

I did notice that when pulling the trigger, the hammer is pulled back/down a bit further. Then the disconnector hits the hammer and then it drops.

It actually feels like a two-stage trigger. 5-6 pound take up and a few ounces to break- but with no explanation as to why it would do this, it makes me nervous.

I really only included the PSA part because I was putting multiple lowers and kits together- so it isn't this or that, but more this or this
    Last edited by FromMyColdDeadHand; 06-24-18 at 22:22.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In your first post, you said the hammer looked a little different. Does it look more like these?

https://www.larue.com/products/larue...bt-2s-trigger/

https://geissele.com/geissele-2-stage-trigger.html
    Last edited by 26 Inf; 06-25-18 at 00:07.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Naw, it is the same MIL-SPEC trigger. The real difference was the letter stamped on it. Maybe the angles and shape were a bit different, my son thought he saw more than I thought I saw. The design is just standard MIL-SPEC.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My daughter's older BCM has a trigger like that. Pulls about 6 pounds and you can actually stop.. then finish with a few ounces more pull. I just chalked it up to a crappy mil-spec trigger. We have 6 rifles in our house with mil-spec triggers. None of them are remotely similar in trigger pull if you pay attention to it. I doubt there is really anything wrong with that one you have.

Feedback Score
    Is movement of the hammer during trigger pull normal? That the MIL trigger would be crappy isn't something that I am surprised at. The seeming difference in function got me. Especially, and not calling out PSA specifically, from LPKs with the same part and SKU codes, and bought at the same time.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Shotgun the rifle and dryfire holding the trigger to the rear. When you push the hammer back down to cock it, the hammer should be retained by the disconnector. When you let the trigger come forward you should see/feel/hear the disconnector release the hammer and the hammer engage the sear.

When you squeeze the trigger on a single stage trigger you should be able to see the hammer move slightly downward as the sear surface on the front of the trigger bar cams against the sear notch on the hammer until the hammer releases. In some of my single stage triggers this movement is more pronounced than in the others.

Thats all I got.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Must just be different sources. The hammer in the odd one has a round indent near the top with 5 dots in it. The other two triggers have the same indent, but with one dot.

I have a DD and what I think is a WOA parts kit with triggers. I'll compare them and see what is the difference. I'm a bit trigger rich right now. That happens when you start cleaning up your gun closet...

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I always have to pay extra for a 2 stage.

Feedback Score
    I’ve got a few PSA triggers, some entry level and a few are the EPTs.
    Recently swapped a few around and couldn’t remember which was which but the ones with an ‘S’ on the hammer seemed to be the good ones.
    Seems like a year or two after they rolled out their EPTs their basic trigger got worse. Not bad, but the first EPT I got was as nice as my ALG QMS. The last ‘basic’ trigger I got had some rough castings, I stuck it in an ARI traded off.
    But PSA recently had their EPT on sale for $30, hands down the best trigger for a budget build.

In general I like PSA parts although I did get a spare buffer spring that looked like it came off a screen door. It was physically shorter and the wire looked like a smaller gauge. It was also a tad smaller in diameter, worked fine with an AR buffer but wouldn’t fit over my RRA 9mm buffer. Went in the trash.
    Last edited by wanderson; 06-25-18 at 18:10.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast