Thread: Sf Optimus and Invictus opinions?

Feedback Score

Question Sf Optimus and Invictus opinions?

I was browsing the Sure Fire Catalog the other night and kept getting drawn to what seems to be the "Mother Loads" of flashlight technology. The Optimus, and Invictus. I had seen these before, but really read about them the other night. Very impressive on paper.

Now I have to preface that if I had an extra$250- $300 lying around I might buy one of these, but I don't right now as I'm still looking for a job after more than a year. Not that that kept me from getting a new LMT Lower and BCM upper from Grant recently.

I'd like to hear from anyone that has actually bought and tested one of these lights for your objective inputs. Worth the money???

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by toddackerman View Post
    I was browsing the Sure Fire Catalog the other night and kept getting drawn to what seems to be the "Mother Loads" of flashlight technology. The Optimus, and Invictus. I had seen these before, but really read about them the other night. Very impressive on paper.

Now I have to preface that if I had an extra$250- $300 lying around I might buy one of these, but I don't right now as I'm still looking for a job after more than a year. Not that that kept me from getting a new LMT Lower and BCM upper from Grant recently.

I'd like to hear from anyone that has actually bought and tested one of these lights for your objective inputs. Worth the money???

Thanks!
    Right now they are still vaporware. Earlier this year they were advertising they would be out as soon as July. I'll believe they exist when I actually see one.

If and when they actually come out, they should be impressive, and so far no other company has announced or released a light that sounds like it would compare. Plus, Surefire has a tendency to underrate lumen outputs, so if that trend continues, these should be really awesome.

But good luck finding someone that has used one when they haven't even been released yet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toasterlocker View Post
    Right now they are still vaporware. Earlier this year they were advertising they would be out as soon as July. I'll believe they exist when I actually see one.

If and when they actually come out, they should be impressive, and so far no other company has announced or released a light that sounds like it would compare. Plus, Surefire has a tendency to underrate lumen outputs, so if that trend continues, these should be really awesome.

But good luck finding someone that has used one when they haven't even been released yet.
    LA Police Gear is advertizing the Optimus for $279 on their Web Site now. It doesn't show any disclaimers about inventory, so I'm not sure. If I was in the market to actually buy one i'd call to find out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toddackerman View Post
    LA Police Gear is advertizing the Optimus for $279 on their Web Site now. It doesn't show any disclaimers about inventory, so I'm not sure. If I was in the market to actually buy one i'd call to find out.
    Regarding the SF.UA2.Optimus. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LAPOLICEGEAR
    Pre-Order Item - There is no definite ETA on this item as Surefire is experiencing a large military demand.
    Last edited by CLHC; 10-25-08 at 22:22.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLHC View Post
    Regarding the SF.UA2.Optimus. . .
    Same thing on battery junction.com, a great flashlight site. They are saying it isn't available until early spring '09. Back in June/July they were saying it would be in by August '08.

Gotta make sure to read EVERYTHING

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Tease :-P