Thread: Just got the new Surefire G2ZL

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Just got the new Surefire G2ZL

Just picked up one of these:

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/...4529/sesent/00

Already have a plain G2 nitrolon, which has always seemed like a great light for as inexpensive as they are.

But I needed another one, and was looking for a couple of extra features:

* Longer battery life. LIke the new G2-LED series (which this is part of), you get 12 hours of battery life at the 80 lumen level. Although I assume that, like my current one, it won't hold at a consistent 80 lumens throughout the whole 12 hours, it'll lose some near the tail end.

* Aluminum bezel. I wanted a metal bezel to give a little better resistance to overheating for times when I have to run the light for a long time. Especially if, as I did on my older G2, I get one of the brighter optional lamps; those babies burn a LOT hotter.

Overall, this looks like a nice light that'll do what I want it to. Haven't tested it yet under hard use conditions, but will post back here if I have any issues.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought the incandescent version of that light years ago and I'm running it with a drop in LED upgrade. No complaints so far.

Feedback Score
    I've had the G2L for almost a year now. The one I have still has the polymer bezel. No issues.

Love the light. I have not had to go back to the aluminum bodied Sure Fires, though the E1B looks very tempting.
    Last edited by padwan; 10-27-08 at 13:24.