Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Small gun manufacturer backs Obama (Cooper Arms)

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

Small gun manufacturer backs Obama (Cooper Arms)

* We must all stand together......

WASHINGTON — Dan Cooper, a proud member of the National Rifle Association, has backed Republicans for most of his life. He's the chief executive of Cooper Arms, a small Montana company that makes hunting rifles.

Cooper said he voted for George W. Bush in 2000, having voted in past elections for every Republican presidential nominee back to Richard Nixon. In October 1992, he presented a specially made rifle to the first President. Bush during a Billings campaign event.

This year, Cooper has given $3,300 to the campaign of Democrat Barack Obama. That's on top of the $1,000 check he wrote to Obama's U.S. Senate campaign in 2004, after he was dazzled by Obama's speech at that year's Democratic National Convention.

Cooper is a player in one of the little-told dramas of the 2008 presidential campaign: how Obama has been able to out-raise Republican John McCain among swaths of the business community, outperforming previous Democratic presidential nominees in drawing business support.

* Original article

Feedback Score
    I can take a wild guess and say that nothing they build will ever be affected by another AWB.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Sooner or later their chosen President will force them to enact microstamping though.

This sort of thing makes me want to vomit.

Feedback Score
    A beggar to his own demise.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Psssst......

Pssst.............Cooper Arms? Yeah, you.

http://www.nraila.org/OBAMA/

Get back to me when you've had a chance to look that link over.

Last edited by 5POINT56; 10-28-08 at 11:13.
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score
    Honestly, I'm not sure what's makes less sense, a business owner or a gun manufacturer (and presumably a gun owner) supporting the "Redistributionist".

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by b_saan View Post
    Honestly, I'm not sure what's makes less sense, a business owner or a gun manufacturer (and presumably a gun owner) supporting the "Redistributionist".

Clearly Dan Cooper isn't the brightest bulb in the box. And I'd like to think that over the notion that the arms he manufactures aren't likely targets for a ban, and thus he's throwing part of his own industry under the bus.

Because if the later were the case, "stupid" would be the kindest label I'd put on Dan Cooper.
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Question

"Cooper Arms" makes some 'Upper Class" bolt action guns that are well known around the country. They will start off for a decent one at around $1g.

He has some good hired help, but as for himself, well a lot of people who know him will say ? Several years ago I had heard "RUMORS" that he was struggling as a business and almost went under. I have known of ONE (Only one) employee that could produce some good barrels but just couldn't get along with Dan. By some peoples standards, he is considered "Different".

It is a very small bossiness about a half hour from me, and yes they do produce some excellent bolt action rifles.

This is still "VERY STRANGE", + for here in Montana, but then we have a lot of "Californicators" here now too.

Here is a link: http://www.cooperfirearms.com/

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Verified.

Do a search for Dan Cooper here:
    http://fundrace.huffingtonpost.com/n...e&lname=Cooper

Dan Cooper
    President / CEO
    Cooper Arms
    Updated
    Q2/2008
    Barack Obama