True story from a few years back...

A gun shop about 50 miles from here sells a lot of Cooper rifles. A good friend of mine, a real prince of a guy who tends to like everyone he meets, asks me to go over to the store with him for the annual "Cooper Days", where Mr. Cooper himself shows up to hawk his wares. Now this friend of mine is a big time benchrest shooter, having won the Indiana state championship, etc., and having numerous benchrest rifles. He decides he must have a Cooper and proceeds to enter into a discussion with Mr. Cooper. I go off and wonder through the store, since it has over 6000 guns in stock. Awhile later he comes over to me all red in the face and says he wouldn't buy a rifle from this guy now or ever because he's an arrogant blankety blank. Now if you knew this friend, you'd be shocked. I meant it when I said he's never met a person he didn't like. He gets along well with folks I can't hardly stand to be in the same building with. He is so ticked off with Cooper that he walks over and buys a single shot heavy barreled Savage rifle that subsequently turns out to be one of the most accurate rifles he's ever owned (including many custom rifles!).

Having great respect for my friends evaluation of others, I decided right then to never own a Cooper rifle. Cooper's support for Obama comes as no surprise.