Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Small gun manufacturer backs Obama (Cooper Arms)

Feedback Score
    From the Copper web site......

http://www.cooperfirearms.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper web site
    Regarding the USA Today Article. Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc. did not contribute and does not support in any fashion the campaign of Senator Obama.

Nine months ago Dan Cooper (personally) made an online donation to the campaign in an effort to help defeat Hillary Clinton and in protest of American plant closures and the shipping of jobs overseas. Three months ago he made yet another donation to the McCain campaign and the RNC totaling over twice that given to Obama campaign.

There is no doubt that the article in USA Today has caused a considerable response. To this end we are encouraged and stand with our fellow NRA members and supporters of the Second Amendment and against those who oppose it.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrandt View Post
    From the Copper web site......

http://www.cooperfirearms.com/
    That's a lot of horse manure. If you want to stop shipping jobs overseas, stop taxing businesses here. That means support Republicans NOT Democrats.

Cooper still does not get my business.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Regarding the USA Today Article. Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc. did not contribute and does not support in any fashion the campaign of Senator Obama.
    Nine months ago Dan Cooper (personally) made an online donation to the campaign[of Barack Obama] in an effort to help defeat Hillary Clinton....
    Dan Cooper = Cooper Firearms

The company made no donation to Obama, but Dan Cooper did.

Gotcha Dan.
    Last edited by 5POINT56; 10-28-08 at 20:26.
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Scheel's in Rapid City, SD a hub of hunting in SD, WY, ND, MT, and NE has 15, or more, on hand.

Starting at around $1600 and going up...
    Man, I didn't know that there were that many there. Well I guess I'll never be buying any of them now. Of course I wasn't really interested in them anyway.

Just out of curiosity, how did you know how many coopers the scheels in Rapid City has? Have you been through there lately? I'm just curios if any m4c members have been through the area recently.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    After todays news VA ARMS IS NOT A DEALER FOR COOPER any longer.
    Excellent news! Good for you guys! The fact that a firearms manufacturer would back such an anti-gun candidate makes me want to puke! This thread should be copied to every gun forum out there!
    Last edited by RogerinTPA; 10-28-08 at 20:55. Reason: Added additional comment
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Cooper probably won't lose much on my account as my 25 year old Win. 670 and 6X Weaver with Sierra 168s suit me just fine--quite possibly will outshoot his status symbols.

This country probably needs more of the former and fewer of the latter anyway.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    He claims to have given more to McCain but I cannot find a record of it. Anyone know how to get the donor lists besides Huffington Post?
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDak View Post
    Man, I didn't know that there were that many there. Well I guess I'll never be buying any of them now. Of course I wasn't really interested in them anyway.

Just out of curiosity, how did you know how many coopers the scheels in Rapid City has? Have you been through there lately? I'm just curios if any m4c members have been through the area recently.
    Was out west 19-OCT thru 23-OCT. Landed in Rapid City and drove to Gillette for antelope.

They had at least 8 that I saw on display and the VERY lovely clerk, Laurie/Laura/Lori (blonde fairly tall, hot), said they had at least that many more in "the back".
    Last edited by SHIVAN; 10-28-08 at 23:09.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bat Guano View Post
    Cooper probably won't lose much on my account as my 25 year old Win. 670 and 6X Weaver with Sierra 168s suit me just fine--quite possibly will outshoot his status symbols.

This country probably needs more of the former and fewer of the latter anyway.
    Have you ever shot one of his "Status Symbols"? Do you know anybody that has one?

I didn't think so, or you wouldn't make that statement. Like what he did or not, they make very accurate guns. What suits you fine, may not suit anyone else fine.

BTW: Did your Win 670 come with a target that was shot with it before it left the factory? Like a Cooper at least used to?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I sent him an email telling him thanks for being Oboma's whore. His website home page tries to smooth things over. What a load of crap.
    Last edited by 1911pro; 10-29-08 at 06:48.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast