Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Small gun manufacturer backs Obama (Cooper Arms)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 30 cal slut View Post
    is it too late to zumbo the guy?

Zumbo's T.V. show is now back on the air. The public has a short memory.
    Last edited by Cold Zero; 10-29-08 at 20:28.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score

Thumbs down Cooper Firearms

As a longtime SCI member and convention goer, I can tell you that most guys who buy high end hunting rifles for N. America, tend to buy most often:

Jarrett Rifles

Rifles Inc.

Match Grade Arms

Brown Precision

I know of no one who has bought a Cooper. All of the above start well over $1,000 and can go $8,000, or more. From what I have seen, M.H.O..
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    Unbelievable that anyone involved in making a living out of any aspect of the firearms industry would EVER give a DIME to Obama.

Perhaps Cooper heard the Ray Schoenke ad on the radio and believed it.

I hope his "sniper rifles" are banned along with our "assault rifles" once Comrade Obama becomes President.

Feedback Score
    I did this research for another website, I downloaded all the donations for the state of Montana. I found that Cooper made donations totaling $4393.19 to Obama starting on Jan 17th, 2007 with the newest donation being Apr 15th, 2008, much newer then 9 months.

Then I go and check the McCain donations, it has records as current as Oct 15th 2008. I see not a single donation to McCain.

So the data concludes he's a traitor don't spend a single dime on his guns.

From the Obama records:
    COOPER, DAN STEVENSVILLE MT COOPER ARMS PRESIDENT / CEO $2100 17-Jan-07
    COOPER, DAN STEVENSVILLE MT COOPER ARMS PRESIDENT / CEO $50 6-Jun-07
    COOPER, DAN STEVENSVILLE MT COOPER ARMS PRESIDENT / CEO $50 26-Jul-07
    COOPER, DAN STEVENSVILLE MT COOPER ARMS PRESIDENT / CEO $1000 6-Feb-08
    COOPER, DAN STEVENSVILLE MT COOPER ARMS PRESIDENT / CEO $900 6-Feb-08
    COOPER, DAN STEVENSVILLE MT COOPER ARMS PRESIDENT / CEO $60.6 7-Mar-08
    COOPER, DAN STEVENSVILLE MT COOPER ARMS PRESIDENT / CEO $32.59 7-Mar-08
    COOPER, DAN STEVENSVILLE MT COOPER ARMS PRESIDENT / CEO $200 15-Apr-08

A section of the McCain records:
    COONEY, GARY D. MR. MISSOULA MT RETIRED RETIRED $250 25-Aug-08
    COOPER, CAMRON MISS TWIN BRIDGES MT SELF-EMPLOYED CATTLE RANCHER $2000 30-Jun-08
    COOPER, CAMRON MISS TWIN BRIDGES MT SELF-EMPLOYED CATTLE RANCHER $2300 3-May-08
    COOPER, CAMRON MISS TWIN BRIDGES MT SELF-EMPLOYED CATTLE RANCHER $2000 17-Jan-08
    CORAPI, JOHN REV. WHITEFISH MT SANTA CRUZ MEDIA INC. CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER $500 18-Aug-08

If Cooper had donated to McCain it would have been in between those records.
    Last edited by PPGMD; 10-29-08 at 12:37.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Based on those numbers and if I understand individual limits correctly - and there is room for error on my part - he is also in violation of FEC rules.

M_P

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by modern_pirate View Post
    Based on those numbers and if I understand individual limits correctly - and there is room for error on my part - he is also in violation of FEC rules.
    I honestly don't know, I just mined the data.

There were multiple transactions listed as redesignations and such. I just stuck with what was labeled "Original transaction."

Either way, they should be zumboed. I hope that even his desired audience, hunters, see how much of a traitor he is.

Feedback Score
    This is on gun forums all over the internet.

Cooper's getting hammered, and his dealers are hearing about it a lot!
    GLOCK PREFECTION

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMark View Post
    This is on gun forums all over the internet.

Cooper's getting hammered, and his dealers are hearing about it a lot!
    And Dan Cooper can't get hammered enough IMO.

Obama and a democrat controled Senate would pose, by far, the greatest threat to the RKBA and to the firearms industry as a whole, that this country has ever seen. Permanent changes, rights lost. Period.

To support Obama with one stinking nickle is unforgivable to anyone who values the US Constitution.

**** Dan Cooper and **** Obama.
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score
    This is what's currently posted on their website now:
    http://www.cooperfirearms.com/

The employees,shareholders and board of directors of Cooper Firearms of Montana do not share the personal political views of Dan Cooper.

Although we all believe everyone has a right to vote and donate as they see fit, it has become apparent that the fallout may affect more than just Mr. Cooper. It may also affect the employees and the shareholders of Cooper Firearms.

The board of directors has asked Mr. Cooper to resign as President of Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc.

Daily operations will continue with the competent staff currently in place in Stevensville, MT producing the finest, most accurate rifles money can buy.

Dan Cooper has spentall of his working life producing the highest quality rifles built here in the USA. He started with nothing but the American Dream and built that into firearms company anyone would be proud of. We firmly believe Dan stands by the2nd amendment.

We wish him all of the best in his future pursuits.

In response to the recent article highlighting Dan Cooper’s personal political donations, the board of directors,shareholders and employees of Cooper Firearms of Montana, Inc would like to issue the following statement.
    Now this could all be smoke and mirrors again, similar to their last statement. I know Cooper is a pretty small operation so I question how many "shareholders" they have. Unless the severe all ties with Dan Cooper professionally and financially, this company won't make it. They may not make it at all regardless. All I know is every gun forum I go on there's a thread about it. Hopefully, other manufacturers will take note of this and Zumbo's **** up and realize you can't piss down gun owner's backs and tell them it's raining.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVAN View Post
    Scheel's in Rapid City, SD a hub of hunting in SD, WY, ND, MT, and NE has 15, or more, on hand.

Starting at around $1600 and going up...
    First Stop Gun in Rapid City also has had them in the past. I know 1 local guy who collected them, sounds as though that will ending.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast