Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Small gun manufacturer backs Obama (Cooper Arms)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtk View Post
    Exactly!

We need to maintain the pressure until this company files for bankruptcy and is sold off via court order.

We need to send the lesson to anyone and everyone that treasonous acts like this will be fatal to your livelyhood.
    a word of caution perhaps; Cooper has his choices, and we have ours. He choose to support an individual that will implement firearm bans; we will choose to not support him by not purchasing his products. Cooper isn't being treasonous, he's just following his personal convictions. The constitution was paid for by the blood of many, so that individuals could have the right to choose. It is a bit ironic that a person chooses to support an individual that will restrict his "choices".

Gun buyers don't need to put a bullseye on Cooper; they just need to let him fade away, with an inventory of products that no one will purchase. Gently remind other gun buyers of Coopers' choice and keep the thought current in other forums and chats.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lalakai View Post
    a word of caution perhaps; Cooper has his choices, and we have ours. He choose to support an individual that will implement firearm bans; we will choose to not support him by not purchasing his products. Cooper isn't being treasonous, he's just following his personal convictions. The constitution was paid for by the blood of many, so that individuals could have the right to choose. It is a bit ironic that a person chooses to support an individual that will restrict his "choices".

Gun buyers don't need to put a bullseye on Cooper; they just need to let him fade away, with an inventory of products that no one will purchase. Gently remind other gun buyers of Coopers' choice and keep the thought current in other forums and chats.

well said.
    Doing my part to keep malls safe

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This didn't work too well with Bill Ruger and the '94 AWB.
    Last edited by Submariner; 11-03-08 at 08:02.
    "The very purpose of a Bill of Rights was to withdraw certain subjects from the vicissitudes of political controversy, to place them beyond the reach of majorities and officials and to establish them as legal principles to be applied by the courts." Justice Robert Jackson, WV St. Board of Education v. Barnette, 319 U.S. 624 (1943)

"I don’t care how many pull ups and sit ups you can do. I care that you can move yourself across the ground with a fighting load and engage the enemy." Max Velocity

Feedback Score

Screw that.

I want Cooper & company to go down in flames, and soon.

We need to paint a very clear "cause & effect" picture for all potential traitors to either heed or ignore at their peril. Support gun-banners and your families will starve.

A gun manufacturer, who uses the profits he's generated on the backs of the gun-buying public, to support a candidate openly hostile to gun owners is most definitely a traitor. And yes, he is free to use his company in that manner. And we're free to want to see him bankrupted for it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Screw that.

We need to paint a very clear "cause & effect" picture for all potential traitors to either heed or ignore at their peril. Support gun-banners and your families will starve.

A gun manufacturer, who uses the profits he's generated on the backs of the gun-buying public, to support a candidate openly hostile to gun owners is most definitely a traitor. And yes, he is free to use his company in that manner. And we're free to want to see him bankrupted for it.
    Exactly.

M_P

Feedback Score
    Screw that.

I have to agree with you on this. I hope there are more people in PA that see it your way come tomorrow
    One shot...one kill...no exceptions

Feedback Score
    Guns Tests is reporting that Dan Cooper was asked by the board to resign and he has.

They reported that this is from the Cooper Arms website, but I can't get to it to confirm:

"The employees, shareholders and board of directors of Cooper Firearms of Montana do not share the personal political views of Dan Cooper. Although we all believe everyone has a right to vote and donate as they see fit, it has become apparent that the fallout may affect more than just Mr. Cooper. It may also affect the employees and the shareholders of Cooper Firearms. The board of directors has asked Mr. Cooper to resign as President."

link to Gun Tests story
    Last edited by Abiqua; 11-06-08 at 09:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Abiqua View Post
    Guns Tests is reporting that Dan Cooper was asked by the board to resign and he has.

They reported that this is from the Cooper Arms website, but I can't get to it to confirm:

"The employees, shareholders and board of directors of Cooper Firearms of Montana do not share the personal political views of Dan Cooper. Although we all believe everyone has a right to vote and donate as they see fit, it has become apparent that the fallout may affect more than just Mr. Cooper. It may also affect the employees and the shareholders of Cooper Firearms. The board of directors has asked Mr. Cooper to resign as President."

link to Gun Tests story
    It's bullshit. No proof. Hollow words for damage control.

I hope Copper Firearms goes belly-up.
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score
    What a shame...I was looking forward to having them build me a nice .22lr.
    The key word being WAS.

Now I feel even better about enlisting two of his stockmakers into the Navy back when I recruited out of Missoula.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Screw that!! I want Cooper Arms to become an example for any other manufacturer who might consider appeasing the scumbag who will be occupying the White House in January.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast