Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vickers Sling on Shotgun

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SRG View Post
    Hey, Buck, I have a sheriff over here with the padded VCAS and an 870. I'd be anxious to see what you have come up with. He's a southpaw and I'm working on something that may improve the sling positioning.
    I know it has been a while but I was curious about these set ups for the guys that shoot off the "wrong" shoulder (left) such as myself. I have a 870 14" and am trying to figure out a sling that would work well for me. Any insight appreciated.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin 1759

Feedback Score

VTAC

Hi I am using a VTAC 511 padded sling on my Remington 870 with extentions tupe and Choate folding stock. So far no problems. I like the ability to tighted the shotgun close to my body when I am climbing.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a 590 but I have yet to find a suitable sling solution for it. Like many, I would love to use some type of adjustable two point sling in the same way that it is used (and works wonderfully) on carbines, but the inherent nature of where you can mount a sling loop on traditional stocked shotguns poses difficulties.

Thus far I've tried using a GG&G mount that fits between the receiver and the stock and another GG&G mount that fits under the magazine cap. With this setup I was unable to comfortably shoulder and bring the shotgun to ready without getting in the way of basically, myself.

I've also tried using the GG&G mount under the magazine cap and a traditional sling swivel mounted on a stud underneath the stock like a parade two point sling with the same results.

I've thought about buying a three point that wraps around the stock but I can already imagine I won't like it because the sling being on the stock would interfere with my cheekweld. That, and I don't think I'll like the 3 pnt sling for the same reasons I don't like them on carbines (or rifles, like I experienced with an M16A4 and issued 3 pnt). There seems like too much going on with them that could get in the way of stuff.

I think I'm going to see how I like a single point sling on it (since I already have the receiver mounted loop), and if that doesn't work well for me, I'm going to have to get creative like some of the above posters on drilling my own mounting points.
    Last edited by CGSteve; 07-22-11 at 00:03.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Holy necro-thread Batman!!

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    That QD set up on the stock is a great idea. I'm running a speedfeed now. I think im going to try that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like the two point sling from The Wilderness:

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Give me a bit and I will post up some quick pictures of my sbs. I installed the threaded Grovetech QD socket with a washer and "e" type clip then topped it all off with some epoxy while installing then finished it up to look more like the black pistol grip cap. It took a little bit of time but I am more than happy with the results. I the sling on it in the same position as on my M4.
    Former Vickers Shooting Method REI
    914 Consulting LLC

Feedback Score
    Another option is to thread the tail end of the sling to approximate one of the stock adapter setups. Basically use a triglide to make a loop around the stock and run the working end through. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense but it works and is self-tightening in use. I'll try to take a couple pics to clear it up tomorrow. Worst case it's a useful stop gap to see if the positioning is good before doing sling cups or whatever. I have a cheap ramline youth LOP stock on mine and don't see much point in souping up that stock.

I would be all over a forward cup flushed into the receiver on the 870...

Feedback Score
    I run one on my 870 but I have an Mesa Tactical Urbino Stock and a Scattergun Tech shot tube so it was really easy to rig up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234