Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Form 1 Sent 10/10 check cashed 10/27

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Form 1 Sent 10/10 check cashed 10/27

The check didn't show up (online banking) until today....hopefully I made no errors on the form 1. I really took my time and tried to get as much info from here as I could. Thanks for all the help. I will keep ya'll posted as to when I receive my stamp.....After that on to a can....probably AAC M41k

Feedback Score
    I have heard that the check is pulled from the packet upon receiving. That doesn't make since to me because what if the packet is incomplete, but then again do you really want a bunch of checks floating around, to be lost, during this 2-3 month ordeal. Not sure as to how you sent it, but your time frame does not sould like they pulled it and cashed it.

-Sent mine to them on Oct 14. and a second one to them on Monday. -Race you!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What the ATF NFA Branch told me is that the check is cashed about 6 weeks before they even enter your information into the system. It then takes a few more weeks before your case is assigned to an investigator.

My check was posted to my account September 19th and I have yet to hear anything nor do I expect to hear anything for another couple of weeks. Remember, patience is a virtue!!
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    I have heard that the check is pulled from the packet upon receiving. That doesn't make since to me because what if the packet is incomplete, but then again do you really want a bunch of checks floating around, to be lost, during this 2-3 month ordeal. Not sure as to how you sent it, but your time frame does not sould like they pulled it and cashed it.

-Sent mine to them on Oct 14. and a second one to them on Monday. -Race you!

Sorry....., I'm not willing to make a race of it. I'm not sure we can't count on the refs to be consistent

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just got mine back last week. Took 72 days from the day I figured it hit their desk. Check was cashed within 72 hours or their receipt of the packet.

Call 304 616 4500 with your serial number and they'll give you the status. No point calling before 8 weeks though.
    I'm a lead farmer motherf**ker! - Kurt Lazarus

Feedback Score
    The worst part of the wait is from approval to stamp delivery.

My M4-1000 Form 4 was mailed on 9/11 and was approved on Monday, the 27th. Knowing it has been approved, but not having the stamp back yet, is far worse than waiting for it to show up in the system at all.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Joy of joys!! I just called the NFA Branch and they said my Form 1 was approved November 6, 2008 and it should be in the mail today or Monday. My Check cleared September 17, 2008 which puts it right at 7-weeks for processing.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    My check was cashed a few days ago so hopefully there aren't any glitches and the approval comes back soon.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    sweet, they cashed my check 10 days after yours.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Got the approved Form 1 today.

Here is the timline for this go-around:

09/08/08 Mailed Form 1 to ATF.
    09/17/08 Check to ATF cleared.
    09/22/08 Sent to Orion Arms for engraving.
    10/30/08 Received engraved receiver (assembled complete lower).
    11/06/08 Form 1 approved.
    11/10/08 Received approved Form 1.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast