Thread: CProducts 20 round mag review

Feedback Score

CProducts 20 round mag review

I just tried two of CProducts 20 round 9mm AR mags. They are black coated SS. Beautifully made (a little too shinny for me). The followers kick the hell out of my Colt (Metalform) 1998 dated ones. Both mags loaded Way WAY easier then my Colt's, clicked in place smoothly and ran 100% and locked the carrier back every time... The feedlip lenght is shorter overall, and the lips are angled front to back on the feed lip width ....$16.99 right now .....

I emailed CProducts about obtaining more of the followers and had UNBELIEVEABLE service from them. Extremely pleased

UPDATED INFO 11/01/08
    A friend w/ a RRA 9mm build tried these mags and they did not work. He has a complete RRA upper, RRA lower he built with their mag insert. He said there are known problems with the CProducts mags and his setup. The mag sets too high and tight.

Again - my stock Colt R6450 ran them 100%
    Harold H.
    Last edited by hoveyh; 11-01-08 at 09:04. Reason: New information

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Did you get them directly from CProd for that price?

Feedback Score
    I ordered them from 44mag.com for 16.99

Feedback Score
    I had the same problems with the C-Prod 32 rd mags in my RRA type rig.
    I had to file the feed lips with a Dremel just a tad to stop them from dragging the bolt.
    The areas indicated in green below just need a bit of filing for bolt clearance. It didn't take much at all, and it was worth the few minutes it took.
    These mags have been perfect performers in my rifle.

However, the last batch I got that came with the Marlube finish and orange followers did not need to be modified.
    I'm assuming they made a change but have no way to confirm that. These ran perfectly right out of the wrapper.

To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it. - GK Chesterton

Feedback Score
    Great info Azrael ........ I have my 20 rounder in my hand right now .... I can see the SLIGHTEST silver wear mark in the aera you indicate on the left side (in relation of your pic). I do not have the other one as my RRA friend still has the one. I forwarded him your link info as I gave that one as a gift.. Thank you very much.

HH

Feedback Score
    Glad to help.
    In some cases you can trim just the side toward the ejection port, which is on the left looking at the photo.
    I was getting some light drag marks on the other side too so I just knocked off a small bit there as well.
    To have a right to do a thing is not at all the same as to be right in doing it. - GK Chesterton