Thread: always hard to lock down decisions

Feedback Score

always hard to lock down decisions

so how many of you tend to overthink when getting into a new build? there's too many for my wallet to be happy. Trying to build up a rem 870 for a bit of an all rounder. Would like to take it to some 3 gun matches but more to have fun, so I know theres better/faster 3 gun specific rigs out there. Would also like to be able to take it in the bush with some friends and smash clays etc.

I've got a 14" rem barrel to shorten it down if I want a more hike/camp gun. I like that the low stock adapter lets me still use ghost rings if I want to take the t1 off, but its still hard to lock down that final decision when your moneys on the line and theres things about each setup that you like.

Has anyone ended up with similar builds and after the fact wish they had done something different.. and for what reasons?

Feedback Score
    Dude, if I may. I would try using it the way it is and then determine what you want it to do better. Then, I would get the necessities for what you decided. I shortened the barrel on one of my 1300 speed pumps and now wish I would not have done it. Not really the "wish you had done something different" picture you are painting, but relative. Had to buy a new barrel when leaving it as it was would have been fine.

Never let your kids talk you into doing stupid shit with your guns so that they will think
    dad is cool.
    Last edited by 300WM; 12-21-10 at 22:04.

Feedback Score
    I've got 3 pump action 12 gauges all different and I can think of at least 2 more I'd like to have. and that's not even getting into autoloaders or class III builds yet!

gotta collect them all!
    I don't collect guns, I accumulate them

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigghoss View Post
    I've got 3 pump action 12 gauges all different and I can think of at least 2 more I'd like to have. and that's not even getting into autoloaders or class III builds yet!

gotta collect them all!
    That's the same page I am on. The "all" bit.
    Last edited by 300WM; 12-21-10 at 23:08.