Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FN Scar?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I ran into an FN LE rep in a gun store today and asked him and he claimed the civilian SCAR was 6 to 8 months away from release.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Wayne777 View Post
    Fortier over on ARFCOM is claiming that FN released the price to him. $2,696.56
    Ha! They can keep it. I would pay $2,200 for a SCAR-H, but that's F-ing outrageous for a 556 rifle.

...isn't Fortier that douche bag that writes for gun rags, always claiming that his latest AR is the "best ever"? If so, why would a company like FN release the price to that guy...
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Ha! They can keep it. I would pay $2,200 for a SCAR-H, but that's F-ing outrageous for a 556 rifle.

...isn't Fortier that douche bag that writes for gun rags, always claiming that his latest AR is the "best ever"? If so, why would a company like FN release the price to that guy...
    Because he writes in gun rags... Doesn't mean he writes well. I'm not a huge fan but at least he is getting some press for the black rifles out there.

And I agree - I would get a SCAR-H for $2200 +/-$100 and that is too much for a 5.56 gun unless I'm getting a couple barrels, a good supply of mags, maybe a suppressor...

Spooky
    Last edited by Spooky130; 11-06-08 at 08:54.

Feedback Score
    Dynamic Armament taking pre-orders for SCAR-H (AKA 17s) $2,200.00

http://dynamicarmament.com/items/fn-...fle-detail.htm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Also keep in mind the unfortunate election results. Since there is no telling what legislation is coming and how soon it is coming, the SCAR in limited new release would be racing new legislation that would ban its civilian sales. So if the MSRP is $2,696.56, I would expect the first ones on the shelves to be selling for at least $3000 if not more, maybe even as much as $3500.

The way I see this is that FNHUSA is pricing it as a niche item rather than a competitively priced carbine. I understand them making that decision from the business standpoint because they are not going to be producing it in mass numbers and have no idea how long it will be civilian legal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    The way I see this is that FNHUSA is pricing it as a niche item rather than a competitively priced carbine. I understand them making that decision from the business standpoint because they are not going to be producing it in mass numbers and have no idea how long it will be civilian legal.
    Well, I'm a shooter, not a collector. FN has a choice, sell many at a cheaper price, or sell a few at a high price.
    I have plenty of extra cash to spend on guns, but that doesn't mean I'll waste it on the latest and greatest.
    A high price due to the election will equal greed; a greedy company can kiss my ass.
    The same goes for any company what wants to gouge AR/Mag/Parts prices...don't give me your 2nd Amendment rhetoric and then raise your prices 20-40%.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If MSRP on an FN FS2000 is still $2,800 I wouldn't be surprised if the SCAR is close to $3,000

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cameron View Post
    If MSRP on an FN FS2000 is still $2,800 I wouldn't be surprised if the SCAR is close to $3,000

Is MSRP on the FS2000 $2800? From what I've seen, those go for $2100-2400. If the SCAR is supposed to retail for around the same as the FS2000 I would expect a street price around $2100. Assuming there isn't a ton of dealer mark up.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    They can keep their SCAR's. I agree that I would probably pay 2200.00 or so for a SCAR-H, but not for a 5.56.

"Change....one magazine at a time."

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Well, I'm a shooter, not a collector. FN has a choice, sell many at a cheaper price, or sell a few at a high price.
    FN has limited production capabilites for the civilian SCAR when compared to say civilian AR makers. So they really don't have the choice of producing civilian SCARs in near the same numbers as say Bushmaster manufactures ARs. Plus there is R&D costs and production line setup costs, so the gun was going to be far more expensive than even a top manufacturers AR. Since there will be a limited supply and it is perceived as a desirable product by many, demand will be high, hence the higher price.

Then factor the political situation with the most antigun president in history who has vowed to outlaw such guns. So starting a new production line in this political environment represents a huge financial risk. Another factor in the pricing. It is a for profit company, not a socialized public gun provider.

I wish the gun was available for $1000 less, but my wishes don't control reality.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast