Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is it?

Feedback Score

What is it?

I have seen a light on M4's that looks like a black box (approx 3.5"x1.0"x5.0") with a light and a laser on one end. It is always on an active military weapon and not part of a manage of junk on a poser rifle. So I am pretty sure it something important, but I have no idea what it is.

If I can find a pic, I will post it.
    Thanks
    Retired Tracy Police Department-D-tac instructor

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Thanks, it's exactly what I thought it was. Thanks again...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hallboss View Post
    It is always on an active military weapon and not part of a manage of junk on a poser rifle. So I am pretty sure it something important, but I have no idea what it is.
    thats almost offensive. however since you basically called yourself a poser i'll let it go.
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Feedback Score
    And you felt the need to say something why? All I did was ask a question and seeing that you were the only one who was "almost offended" you need to get a life and get over yourself. Thanks so much for letting it go though, I would really hate to catch your wrath.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    YAY! I'm back at ARFCOM!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I am not tinman. But, I think his point being that you said since it was on a military persons weapon it's legit, and anyone else would be a poser.

Other personnel aside from the military would and could have a need for an IR laser. You stated that you have no idea what it is and then go on to say in another post that "it's exactly what you thought it was".

An easier way of saying it would have been to post the link to the item in question and then ask the members here what the item is.

I have on one my weapon does that make me a "poser" since I am not in the .MIL?

Quote Originally Posted by Hallboss View Post
    And you felt the need to say something why? All I did was ask a question and seeing that you were the only one who was "almost offended" you need to get a life and get over yourself. Thanks so much for letting it go though, I would really hate to catch your wrath.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    i have a dry sense of humor. never works out for me on the errornet.
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Feedback Score
    You are right, what I said in two posts did not make sense. If I had no idea what it was, then how could it be exactly what I thought it was.

In reality what I meant was...I thought it was some type of light, however I could not gather why it needed to be so large.

As far as it being on mil spec weapons, therefore it is legit, is exactly what I meant. Our military does not make a habit of stacking crap on their weapons that is not neccesary, therefore if it is on the weapon, it is needed.

I think you are being too sensitive and/or reading too much into a statment that was simply made to express the nec. of a piece of equip. I did not feel the need to go into an overly explanitive dicertation on how many weapons out there are legitament and I felt it was better left with it being seen on Mil spec weapons.

Just because I did not include other professions who possess AR type rifles does not mean in any way that I meant "non-military=poser." I am a retired LE and because my AR did not have did not have this particualr piece does that mean I am a poser...no, but did I include that in my description...no.

edit. This should have been included, but after I read my post/reply it comes across as irritated which I am not. I am sorry if there any offense taken by what I said. I will be the first ot admit that I am a poser in reality. I was city police and during my entire career, there was never a need for half the crap I carried, but it was there. I do maintain, however we need to stop jumping to conclusions about another persons intentions. I mean think about it, I asked what something was, as simple as that. There was no other statment made, no other motive behind what I said.
    Last edited by Hallboss; 11-05-08 at 00:49.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast