Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question (about lowers/future laws)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    This is a capitalist country but anyone buying lowers or mags for the purpose of selling them for huge profits (gouging the new purchasers) should die in a fire. I view this the same as selling bottled water for $10-20 a bottle to victims of Hurricane Andrew or Katrina etc when you paid $1 for it.

FWIW purchasing firearms (this includes lowers) for the purpose of resale would make you an unlicensed dealer (bad juju with the ATF) private sale or not.
    lol...very true. I was planning it to help people out, but it looks like I won't be doing that either...I'd rather not have the ATF knocking on my front door....lol

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Anyone know a good source for complete lowers, that are of acceptable quality? I'm sure Grant is busy, but I have heard nothing from him, so I'm looking at all sources.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake View Post
    Anyone know a good source for complete lowers, that are of acceptable quality? I'm sure Grant is busy, but I have heard nothing from him, so I'm looking at all sources.
    I'm buying a LMT Defender 200, its a complete lower and runs $330...$511 if you want the dual stage trigger and SOPMOD stock...but the basic one is good, just pick up a dual stage trigger...it costs less.
    http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...product_id=124

Feedback Score
    One thought that has not been brought up so far is:

-why should we believe that the next AWB will have the same "grand-fathering" provision that the last one did?

Joe Biden wrote the last AWB. He's not dumb enough to just let that one go next time.

I am betting they approach the issue by requiring registration - as they did in 1934 with the NFA, then in D.C. in 1976, then in California in the 1980s, etc.

You might just skip registration, but:

-do you want to take that "contraband" to the range? Also, how would you legally sell an unregistered gun in the future? (you wouldn't). On top of that, the records of purchases that are not supposed to be on a central government database - might just be out there after all. I would not want to take chances in the event that registration rears its ugly head. Even the Heller decision would seem to allow whatever registration scheme that .gov wants to foist on us.

I do not suggest buying guns for profit in the event of another AWB. Rather, buy only for your own personal needs and maybe for your children (as even NFA items can be passed down).
    Last edited by TY44934; 11-06-08 at 17:11.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The reason why there catagorically has to be a grandfather clause is b/c there are millions of them.

It isn't just political suicide for the left to not have (effectively) a grandfather clause.

My guess is that what is heading toward us will very much look like HR 1022.

When we discuss this issue amongst ourselves it is imparitive that we understand the end game - it isn't about regulation or restriction, it is about erradication of not only a physical object but a right, a value, and a way of live.

Good luck
    Last edited by Mo_Zam_Beek; 11-08-08 at 12:26.

Feedback Score
    Will they come "door to door"?

No, not liklely.

Could they require YOU to register?

-they already have - in the case of certain shotguns that the president decided in 1994 needed to be classified as "destructive devices." (google "street sweeper").

Did everyone register theirs? I bet there were people who did not bother. They now own a "felony waiting for prosecution" (i.e. contraband).

Heller won't save us from registration. And once you are a registered assault weapon owner, your right has been infringed (IMHO).

Feedback Score
    So, to address some points in this thread. Here it is from the President Elect's own .gov site, before it was pulled off line that is.

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.
    If the Tiahrt Ammendment is repealed they could go back and check to see what you have purchased in the past to know what or at least how many you need to register/account for. I may be wrong on this, but I knew a guy who got in trouble for poaching and when they came to his house they knew what guns he owned and took them all--including the one he thought was "unregistered" and he could hide. If it comes to that, the NICS records that were to be sealed and destroyed could be used against us. And the end to the "gun show loophole" would essentially outlaw private party sales. So to invest in a bunch of lowers, probably won't turn out as well as it did in the mid-nineties. No sunset provision and the possiblity of a Civil Defence Force for the confiscation of guns (why else would he need one?) could lead us to a scenario a lot worse than NFA.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrack223 View Post
    So, to address some points in this thread. Here it is from the President Elect's own .gov site, before it was pulled off line that is.

If the Tiahrt Ammendment is repealed they could go back and check to see what you have purchased in the past to know what or at least how many you need to register/account for. I may be wrong on this, but I knew a guy who got in trouble for poaching and when they came to his house they knew what guns he owned and took them all--including the one he thought was "unregistered" and he could hide. If it comes to that, the NICS records that were to be sealed and destroyed could be used against us. And the end to the "gun show loophole" would essentially outlaw private party sales. So to invest in a bunch of lowers, probably won't turn out as well as it did in the mid-nineties. No sunset provision and the possiblity of a Civil Defence Force for the confiscation of guns (why else would he need one?) could lead us to a scenario a lot worse than NFA.
    Thanks for ruining my night....jk. One reason I hate Obama. Can only hope and pray it doesn't go through.

Feedback Score
    IIRC the lowers had to be completed into rifles before the ban, otherwise they couldn't have the evil features. It had to be an AW before the ban, so even a varmint rifle with less then 2 evil features (what a blast from the past) couldn't be made into a AW.

I think registration, with perhaps a no-tranfer clause, or a $200 fee. Something that keeps it legal, but not economical.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12