Thread: how many people would be hurt with a AWB ?

Feedback Score

how many people would be hurt with a AWB ?

I know us end users and honest citizens would be hurt !!!!

but I am curious if any industry people know the other numbers ?

meaning the mom and pop brick stores that might have to close shop ?
    they loose the jobs the owners of the building have to rent ? and in this day and age that hurts them !
    the accountants that wont have the store owners any more etc..

the mail order places that are run from home !
    and of course the larger ones !

and the manufactures from small to large that cant live without the normal civilian market
    I know some have military contracts and wont be as hurt ? but sure they will loose some

so from the UPS guy that might loose a job when routes are changed etc.. cause that much less stuff is being delivered to the small biz owner and who relies on him

I really wonder how many people in numbers will be hurt and since many manufactures etc.. are U.S. based

it just also seems this might be ammo to say you will be putting thousands and thousands of people out of work and destroying a complete industry ?

so I wonder how many will feel direct effect besides us end users ?

Feedback Score
    I worry about what would happen to companies like Magpul. They're good at what they do and, in my opinion, they're one of the finest companies around today. I'd hate to see a great company like that suffer at the hand of oppressive legislation.

We must have the resolve to stop it from even happening.

Feedback Score
    Im from Illinois, along with alot of weapon manufacturers.
    Rock River -10 mins away
    Armalite -25 mins away
    Springfield -25 mins away
    Les baer -30 mins away(if hes still here) this guys got some kick ass mustangs to!
    DSArms -2 1/2 hrs away
    LMT -10 mins away
    Thats most of them, if not all of them. And Ive visited every one of them (except DSArms). super people with nothing but time to share, going over a common interest.

All have said they'll leave and set up shop in a free state if this stupid shit goes through. Imagine the hit Illinois would take if this were to happen. This is absolute crosseyed grabasstickated jackassory. Im saying its just a matter of time now, with Mayor daley and blagojevich running this goddamb state and now they have their buddy running the country. Im sickened by this horseshit.
    No matter though, because we Chicago ****tards know whats best for you and were going to right the wrongs of you blood thirsty hobbiests out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    I know us end users and honest citizens would be hurt !!!!

but I am curious if any industry people know the other numbers ?

meaning the mom and pop brick stores that might have to close shop ?
    they loose the jobs the owners of the building have to rent ? and in this day and age that hurts them !
    the accountants that wont have the store owners any more etc..

the mail order places that are run from home !
    and of course the larger ones !

and the manufactures from small to large that cant live without the normal civilian market
    I know some have military contracts and wont be as hurt ? but sure they will loose some

so from the UPS guy that might loose a job when routes are changed etc.. cause that much less stuff is being delivered to the small biz owner and who relies on him

I really wonder how many people in numbers will be hurt and since many manufactures etc.. are U.S. based

it just also seems this might be ammo to say you will be putting thousands and thousands of people out of work and destroying a complete industry ?

so I wonder how many will feel direct effect besides us end users ?

Feedback Score
    i believe it will hurt the average citizen , destroy an industry , but i think a lot of people just dont understand how badly it will hurt our military . just look at the innovations that have come about in just the last few years . anyone with more knowledge than me care to comment on that idea ? we have to support the NRA as well as any other group that can educate the ignorant masses as to our way of life . for those interested try going to www.downrange.tv for the downrange tv radio - some good ideas there
    Last edited by TUNNEL RAT 33; 11-06-08 at 18:35.

Feedback Score
    I grew up in Illinois, (now in the free state of Colorado) and was talking with LMT the other day. They said the pressure on all of the gun manufactures near the Quad Cities corridor (listed above) is making them think about crossing the river into Iowa. He said LMT is already looking for a new space.

I told him they might want to look at a different country all together to get away from Obama's heat.

Feedback Score
    If I was a manufacturer, which I'm not. If another Assault Weapons Ban went through I would cease supplying government agencies. Just think if manufactures came together and refused to sell to the military, FBI, DEA, etc. and then refused to service any firearm they produced in the past. Take a stance just like Ron Barrett, I admire his position.
    Last edited by STI2031; 11-06-08 at 18:51. Reason: spelling corrections

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyw View Post
    I worry about what would happen to companies like Magpul. They're good at what they do and, in my opinion, they're one of the finest companies around today. I'd hate to see a great company like that suffer at the hand of oppressive legislation.

We must have the resolve to stop it from even happening.
    This is where "wealth redistribution" displays its highly prejudicial face. The people who want to "spread the wealth around, because it's good for people" also want small businesses like Magpul to be destroyed -- because they don't approve of what they do. They are happy to have their wealth go to zero. In the meantime, they will collect money from all of us and give it to people who they do like -- unproductive folks who will vote for them again and again to keep the freebees coming while giving nothing back to those who pay the bills. Don't expect the new administration to do anything but smile if small businesses like Magpul go under by their actions. It is not about the economy, small business success, or serving the public needs. It is about shaping society according to their vain ideas of how things ought to be.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toddackerman View Post
    I grew up in Illinois, (now in the free state of Colorado) and was talking with LMT the other day. They said the pressure on all of the gun manufactures near the Quad Cities corridor (listed above) is making them think about crossing the river into Iowa. He said LMT is already looking for a new space.

I told him they might want to look at a different country all together to get away from Obama's heat.
    Yep, I live 5 mins from the mississippi river and that would definitely be their closest move. I just moved into my house 2 1/2 years ago, I told my wife this morning, "sorry, but we might be moving also". She thinks Im over reacting and thats fine, say what you will. Im not going to live in this area when the property taxes double, because of the decisions made by a group of idiots. Lost revenue is lost revenue and lost jobs are lost jobs. I dont have a clue whats going through these goofballs heads!!
    My only advise is, join the NRA and be active and diligent in handing out the knowledge to those who dont know what is happening. ITS REALLY IMPORTANT!!

...Because if this constitutional right is taken, then we might as well give the rest away.
    Last edited by Seth Harness; 11-06-08 at 19:00.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by STI2031 View Post
    If I was a manufacturer, which I'm not. If another Assault Weapons Ban went through I would cease supplying government agencies. Just think if manufactures came together and refused to sell to the military, FBI, DEA, etc. and then refused to service any firearm they produced in the past. Take a stance just like Ron Barrett, I admire his position.

Although your idea is valliant...capitalism will prevail and the contractors will continue to sell to the Govt.