Page 132 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1485

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

First line belts

I wear Ronin belts every day in A-stan. I have two, one set up for low-pro/FOB wear and one for everything else. Great belts, although expensive.

Sorry about the cellphone pic:
    Last edited by Dave L.; 12-27-16 at 11:31.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    I wear Ronin belts every day in A-stan. I have two, one set up for low-pro/FOB wear and one for everything else. Great belts, although expensive.

Sorry about the cellphone pic:
    Do you notice any droop from having too much weight on one side?

I have an esstac belt, it's basically a cobra belt that Velcro's to the inner belt. I believe it's 1.5 or 1.75 inches thick but no MOLLE.

I'm trying to see if I can get away with mounting a double pistol kywi onto a double AR kywi without it dropping from the weight.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi View Post
    Do you notice any droop from having too much weight on one side?

I have an esstac belt, it's basically a cobra belt that Velcro's to the inner belt. I believe it's 1.5 or 1.75 inches thick but no MOLLE.

I'm trying to see if I can get away with mounting a double pistol kywi onto a double AR kywi without it dropping from the weight.
    Not much more than normal. It's not exactly a balanced rig, but it doesn't sag as long as I have the inner belt tight.

I'm not a fan of stacking pouches on a belt. I'm not sure why you or anyone else wants stuff hanging off their belt any further than a standard mag pouch, but for what I do, it wouldn't work. I prefer to maintain a lower profile with my kit.

I wear the green belt 90% of the time; the IAP usually holds a smart phone, not an AR mag.

The two main benefits of the Ronin system are that you can't feel the things mounted on the belt (there's 100% Velcro contact) and you can don the belt super fast. I keep the inner belt threaded on my pants. If things go bump in the night, I could quickly throw pants and the belt on.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Not much more than normal. It's not exactly a balanced rig, but it doesn't sag as long as I have the inner belt tight.

I'm not a fan of stacking pouches on a belt. I'm not sure why you or anyone else wants stuff hanging off their belt any further than a standard mag pouch, but for what I do, it wouldn't work. I prefer to maintain a lower profile with my kit.

I wear the green belt 90% of the time; the IAP usually holds a smart phone, not an AR mag.

The two main benefits of the Ronin system are that you can't feel the things mounted on the belt (there's 100% Velcro contact) and you can don the belt super fast. I keep the inner belt threaded on my pants. If things go bump in the night, I could quickly throw pants and the belt on.
    That's what I was looking for with my belt. Was going to go with Volund's version but I could a get a Crye MRB faster so that's what I'm trying now. It works well so far. Agreed on the pouches though. I had a double decker taco on my last belt and it just felt too bulky. Plus that is a lot of weight for any belt to support.
    Last edited by Wake27; 12-31-16 at 14:53.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

First line belts

Used the MRB for a few weeks now and finally have it setup exactly the way I want. The inner belt is stiffer than I expected, and I assume would work well for concealed carry. I like that the outer belt is flexible so that it moves as I do, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's a little too flexible for supporting a pistol. Since I run mine on G-Code's MULE, it isn't an issue for me. I'm not a big drop leg fan, but it's the best way to clear my plate carrier when I'm running full kit. Overall, I'm very pleased with the setup. The only thing I don't understand with the belt is the two vertical straps at the 4:30 and 6:30 positions. I just don't understand the point.

Three LT tacos, Velocity Micro Diddie Pouch, SORD TQ pouch, BFG Micro TKN, Safariland holster on G-Code platforms, and a BFG Ten-Speed pistol pouch for a handheld light, multitool, or whatever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 01-29-17 at 23:57.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

Nice rig. Do you have any feedback on the SORD TQ holder? Have you practiced using it for speed and efficiency? Asking because I was contemplating a North American Rescue CAT Tourniquet Holder which is comparably priced. TIA

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VARIABLE9 View Post
    Nice rig. Do you have any feedback on the SORD TQ holder? Have you practiced using it for speed and efficiency? Asking because I was contemplating a North American Rescue CAT Tourniquet Holder which is comparably priced. TIA
    I don't have much to compare it against, but I am a big fan. Obviously the fact that it protects the TQ more than a strap version is a big plus, but it is still very fast. The only downside is that it doesn't fit the newest CAT very well. I believe it's the Gen 7. I didn't know there was a size difference but the newest one I have has a hard time fitting in the pouch.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Used the MRB for a few weeks now and finally have it setup exactly the way I want. The inner belt is stiffer than I expected, and I assume would work well for concealed carry. I like that the outer belt is flexible so that it moves as I do, though I wouldn't be surprised if it's a little too flexible for supporting a pistol. Since I run mine on G-Code's MULE, it isn't an issue for me. I'm not a big drop leg fan, but it's the best way to clear my plate carrier when I'm running full kit. Overall, I'm very pleased with the setup. The only thing I don't understand with the belt is the two vertical straps at the 4:30 and 6:30 positions. I just don't understand the point.
    Also a MRB fan. First belt I used like this was a BFG battle belt. Too bulky for my liking, I wanted something similar to a duty belt, that I could use keepers with. EMDOM's belt fit the bill for a while, but then this came out which I feel is the lowest profile setup you can buy. Kind of a PITA having the inner attached to the outer already, its not as fast as throwing on the EMDOM or a duty belt, but its more secure. Belt in the sleeve is from 215 Gear.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    First Spear AGB with low profile 6/12 AGB sleeve. 2x HSGI Rifle Tacos, 2x pistol Tacos, TT roll up dump pouch.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I don't have much to compare it against, but I am a big fan. Obviously the fact that it protects the TQ more than a strap version is a big plus, but it is still very fast. The only downside is that it doesn't fit the newest CAT very well. I believe it's the Gen 7. I didn't know there was a size difference but the newest one I have has a hard time fitting in the pouch.

Thanks for the reply - I think in the field a few bungees is efficient, but bouncing around in a car trunk or behind a door in a closet I think I'd rather have it in a pouch.

Page 132 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast