Page 34 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Battle belts

O.k. guys, now you inspired me to place an order with ICE for one of their new adjustable battle belts. I need to read this forum less so that my bank account can have some time to recover...

Pat

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatEgan View Post
    O.k. guys, now you inspired me to place an order with ICE for one of their new adjustable battle belts. I need to read this forum less so that my bank account can have some time to recover...

Pat
    I'd re-read through this thread before placing that order if I was you. ICE would appear to be having some delivery issues (to put it nicely...)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks Rob,
    Yeah, I saw that while reading through everything, but I really don't mind waiting. That particular one has what I want, so I went with it. If I read the dates correctly, it looks like the posters in 2007-mid 2009 were having the worst of it. From what I understand, ICE has moved to a newer, larger facility. Hopefully after ramping up that will translate into quicker turn around times.

Thanks for the heads-up,
    Pat

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatEgan View Post
    Thanks Rob,
    Yeah, I saw that while reading through everything, but I really don't mind waiting. That particular one has what I want, so I went with it. If I read the dates correctly, it looks like the posters in 2007-mid 2009 were having the worst of it. From what I understand, ICE has moved to a newer, larger facility. Hopefully after ramping up that will translate into quicker turn around times.

Thanks for the heads-up,
    Pat
    Just an FYI, you'll be waiting for some time. I placed my order in Nov. and still nothing. My buddy placed his order end of Sept. and he also still hasn't received his order.

Every time we call in to inquire about it, it's always the same thing, "we're suppose to get a shipment in, I'll call ICE today and let you know what they say", or "they told us they had a shipment coming in end of {insert date/month here}, but it never came".

A lot of people are saying it's worth the wait (hope so), but I'm not in any rush so it's whenever.
    Last edited by thebigx; 01-19-10 at 10:01.
    Professionalism, it goes a long way.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I guess I can't see the attraction to the ICE given all of the issues with getting them, especially when the BFG SOC-C is readily available, almost identical, and comes from a company with zero dramatical history and only a record of good customer service.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I guess I can't see the attraction to the ICE given all of the issues with getting them, especially when the BFG SOC-C is readily available, almost identical, and comes from a company with zero dramatical history and only a record of good customer service.
    I'm getting there.

I'm starting to think also that for what I want out of my set up that a regular belt with my gun and mag holsters will do for what I want.

But the downside to that is I won't have a "get up and go" rig. I mean, it would be nice, but it's not a "must have" set up for me.

Also, I haven't taken any classes just yet, so my mind might change, once I've got a couple courses under my belt.
    Professionalism, it goes a long way.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    If you can get the ICE belt, there is nothing wrong with it. It is certainly cheaper than the BFG belt ($65 for non adjustable, $105 for adjustable) and nowadays that can be a huge plus to a buyer.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I just ordered the BFG SOC-C complete belt kit with suspenders and inner belt from their factory. When you buy the whole set from their website you save 5%. If you are military, LEO, or have ever served in the military you get another 10% off. When I ordered I recieved my order the next day.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NCPatrolAR View Post
    If you can get the ICE belt, there is nothing wrong with it. It is certainly cheaper than the BFG belt ($65 for non adjustable, $105 for adjustable) and nowadays that can be a huge plus to a buyer.
    The above acts on presuming (and a reasonably sizable presumption) that the user receives it in the first place...

The "one in the hand is worth two in the bush "maxim comes into play, at some point. The perfect notional or theoretical belt is worthless compared to the actual belt that you can expect to get with a minimum of drama, a reasonable amount of time and a maximum expectation of having it do what it's supposed to do once you get it (in a week instead of 6+ months).

If one thinks that time is worth money, the SOC-C is the likely answer, as it will actually show to your door in a timely fashion. If you think that money > time, go with the ICE (it's a quality product, no kidding), just be prepared to enjoy your hold time until the next available customer representative can take your call. Read the Lord of the Rings trilogy or the Bible cover-to-cover while you wait.

Twice. Each.
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Drama, schrama...

O.k.,
    This might shake up a few here that have their minds set on a particular result...

After some on-line research, I ordered the I.C.E. adjustable battle belt after contacting them via email. I should emphasize that I did not go through an intermediary, but went straight to I.C.E. themselves. Communication was prompt and excellent, and I was not left with any vague impressions or have any lingering questions. I ordered the belt on a Monday and paid through PayPal, whom I otherwise despise, but I swallowed my pride for the sake of convenience. I received the belt five days later , just this past Saturday.

Bear in mind that the belt was sent from Canada, and I live in the USA. There were no hassles, delays, confusion, sturm, drang, or biblical portents of impending disaster. Just a solidly constructed, innovatively designed belt that came right to the mail box. Can't ask for anything more than that, I'd say.

Your mileage may vary, but I'd say that the all of the assumptions about I.C.E. and their belts need some updating. If you want one, order directly from the source.

Pat

Page 34 of 149 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast