Page 84 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast

Thread: First line belts

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by l3mon View Post
    Quick question for all, how do you guys store your belts? could we work that into the pictures? i need some ideas..
    I have one of those stick on plastic hooks on the side of my safe and that is where I keep mine.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My gear is organized in different levels, to be loaded into a vehicles, if need be. I consider gear belts one of the first things to be loaded. I keep my belts in small gear bags in a filing cabinet. It's a 4 drawer cabinet, bought at a local auction for $10. My bag with belt, gloves, IFAK, and pads are in the top drawer with a Maxpedition active shooter bag. The drawer below it has my wife's duplicate set up. The third has 4 .30 cal ammo pre-loaded ammo boxes, in tactical tailor carriers. The fourth has armor. However, now that I know that armor should be stored flat, I think I will be storing it elsewhere. If I go shoot or take a class, I usually just grab the top bag. If I go do FOF, I grab the top and the bottom bags. If the zombies start, and it's time to go, all 4 drawers can be loaded into a vehicle in 2 trips.........
    Dang zombies...

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by l3mon View Post
    Quick question for all, how do you guys store your belts? could we work that into the pictures? i need some ideas..
    This is how mine sits.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Just got my gcode holster and a tag mini gp pouch to use as a small med kit. I have a 1x1 milspec monkey mc cross to sew on it and probably going to change the 550 to red. I had to heat up the long tabs and fold them under to work on my belt since the wheel was made for 3 rows tall and the belt is 2. You will see in the pic what I did. Still need a e&e pouch for the back and another pistol mag pouch.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Just placed an order on usgruntgear after researching this thread.
    Thanks all for the great info and pics–will post my completed set-up when it arrives.
    Now for the wait....

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ouroborous View Post
    Just placed an order on usgruntgear after researching this thread.
    Thanks all for the great info and pics–will post my completed set-up when it arrives.
    Now for the wait....
    You will not be disappointed, its definately worth the wait! I am still trying to configure mine.

I haven't decided on an IFAK or dump pouch yet. I will use it for classes, range use, HD/SHTF.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by duece71 View Post
    I haven't decided on an IFAK or dump pouch yet. I will use it for classes, range use, HD/SHTF.
    I'll be using an OSOE compact tear off med pouch with horizontal mount that'll go in the rear of the belt. Plenty of room in that pouch for a decent blow out kit.
    ἰδέτωσαν, ἱστορησάτωσαν οἱ ἄνθρωποι ἄνθρωπον ἀληθινὸν κατὰ φύσινζῶντα.

Videant, cognoverunt hominis hominem verum secundum naturam suam viventem.

Let men see, let them know, a real man, who lives as he was meant to live.
    - Marcus Aurelius

Feedback Score
    I like the OSOE and may go that route. I have no medical training and I don't want to carry something that takes up space, has weight and I can not use effectively. I may just go with a BFG boo boo kit.

Feedback Score
    I think I saw one post in this monster on wearing a war belt in conjunction with body armor.

Anyone have any experiences/pics running them together?

I like the idea here. There has been an explosion in these belts and I like what I am seeing. I just don't see modularity with other kit. As a light fighting load, I can see utility.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In most cases, you can use a war belt with a plate carrier without issue. If you wear full coverage armor with a war belt there is a good chance the two will interfere with each other. Crye systems are built to be compatible. For everything else you may have to experiment.

Page 84 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694134 ... LastLast