Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grand Power Stribog

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by czgunner View Post
    I put a Larue trigger in my early 'Bog with some help from trigger shims.
    After some amount of cursing at the shims, I got one of my LaRue triggers mounted in the OE trigger housing (item #13). Unfortunately, the trigger binds against the lower. It's almost like the trigger slot isn't long enough. I see on other boards where folks milled some material off their AR triggers to help it fit. What was your solution?

Larry

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LESchwartz View Post
    After some amount of cursing at the shims, I got one of my LaRue triggers mounted in the OE trigger housing (item #13). Unfortunately, the trigger binds against the lower. It's almost like the trigger slot isn't long enough. I see on other boards where folks milled some material off their AR triggers to help it fit. What was your solution?

Larry
    I used a small file. Took a few seconds.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I used a small file. Took a few seconds.
    Did you take any photos?

Larry

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LESchwartz View Post
    Did you take any photos?

Larry
    No. It was years ago.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I put a Larue trigger in my early 'Bog with some help from trigger shims.
    I opened up the front of the trigger slot in the lower. I had to take quite a bit of material off the front of the slot -- close to 1/8". The front of the slot can limit the pre-travel of the trigger, making it unsafe. There is also some sort of circular "stop" at the bottom of the lower which can limit the over-travel -- I took this down some as well. Since installing the safety is kind of a pain, I toke off more than absolutely required. I would recommend anyone attempting this install to have some amount of gunsmithing skill, as you could easily end up in an unsafe condition if you're not careful. YMMV!

I was nervous before I opening up the trigger slot on my lower: Several other folks have mentioned that the rear of the mil-spec AR trigger needs modification in order for the safety to work correctly. I certainly didn't want to modify my lower, only to find out the safety wouldn't work. However my preliminary testing looked positive, so I went forward. In the end, the LeRue seems to work just fine with the HB safety I have installed in my lower.

I think I'm going to order "RC4 Stribog Colt Magazine Adapter" and some Colt 9mm magazines. If my testing goes well, I'll have a second complete lower ready to go. My plan is to hang onto it in case I decide to purchase an SP9A3 as a stablemate for my SP9A1.

Larry
    Last edited by LESchwartz; 06-20-23 at 13:12.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Took my bog out today since I had the day off. I’m currently running an A3T scorpion mag lower with an Aim Surplus SSTAT trigger.

Zero malfunctions and stupidly good accuracy.

I’m using the PA 1x micro prism with 9mm reticle.

Ran some ETS 40rd mags and they ran fine.

I’ve had bad results with other ETS mags but the scorpion ones seem ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    My Stribog has never had any issues with Colt SMG mags or the straight Stribog mags, so I can’t really answer regarding the guns that have.
    I tried my Stribog out at the range yesterday. The Lingle lower worked wonderfully with curved Stribog mags and a Rise Armament drop in trigger pack. I didn't think to try any of the straight mags. Much more accurate with the 16" barrel. Big thumbs up for this conversion.

Unfortunately the "adapter conversion", using the OE lower, LaRue trigger and Brownells branded Colt SMG magazine did not work at all. I seemed like the LRBHO would not disengage. When I ordered the adapter, I also ordered some of the followers that are sold along with them. Unfortunately, I forgot to bring them with me to the range. I spent some time with some snap caps this evening. I note that the OE followers look like they activate the BHO while loading the second to the last round. The ones I bought with the adapter seem to hand cycle 20 rounds flawlessly through to empty. None of this explains the issues I was having with loaded mags yesterday -- dunno, maybe I didn't have the adapter fully seated. I'll have to try it again.

Any ideas?

Larry
    Last edited by LESchwartz; 06-26-23 at 20:45.

Feedback Score
    Back from the range again today. Still a no-go. I would get maybe every other shot to feed correctly. I noticed that the Brownells mags seemed awful sloppy in the mag well. I imagine that was a large part of the problem. I'm thinking that if I can't get this resolved, I may just go back to the OE mags and swap some of the other parts instead for "plan #2". Maybe muzzle attachment and bolt carrier. Hopefully somebody will make USA followers and/or floorplates for the OE mags before to long.

Suggestions?

Larry
    Last edited by LESchwartz; 07-06-23 at 18:39.

Feedback Score
    Given that the Brownells mags seem sloppy in the magazine well, would you conclude that the adapter isn't thick enough?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    Given that the Brownells mags seem sloppy in the magazine well, would you conclude that the adapter isn't thick enough?
    Maybe it's the mags. Maybe it's the adapter. But yeah, something isn't quite right. The Brownells are solid metal, so maybe the magazine body walls are a little thinner.

I'm wondering if the folks who've had better success have noticed good fit. If so, wondering what brand mags they used . . .

Larry

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast