Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Beretta APX Carry Review

Feedback Score
    I got one and it sawed through a bunch of different ammo with zero issues. I put a Holosun 407K on it, and it was pretty much dead on right out of the box. Accuracy was fine, I had no problems punching ragged holes in the targets with it at 30 and 50 feet. The trigger, like most striker guns, is just odd to me, very "doinky", but my main complaint is the, (IMHO) excessive texturing on the front and rear of the grip and the front of the bottom of the mags. Once it was shot and had no problems, and since it was so cheap, $189 with rebate, I had no fear of modding it, so a little while ago, I took a sanding stick and took the points off the sharp nubs on it. Much better, I actually like the grip now. I admit, I do not like the excessive "grippyness" that many people seem to love. The sandpaper like areas on grips is fine, but pyramids, spikes, etc, are a turn off for me. The worst gun I've had recently was an FN FNS-40, and I really hated the grip and since I got it so cheap, and could sell it for a small profit, I just sold it off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hemiram View Post
    I got one and it sawed through a bunch of different ammo with zero issues. I put a Holosun 407K on it, and it was pretty much dead on right out of the box. Accuracy was fine, I had no problems punching ragged holes in the targets with it at 30 and 50 feet. The trigger, like most striker guns, is just odd to me, very "doinky", but my main complaint is the, (IMHO) excessive texturing on the front and rear of the grip and the front of the bottom of the mags. Once it was shot and had no problems, and since it was so cheap, $189 with rebate, I had no fear of modding it, so a little while ago, I took a sanding stick and took the points off the sharp nubs on it. Much better, I actually like the grip now. I admit, I do not like the excessive "grippyness" that many people seem to love. The sandpaper like areas on grips is fine, but pyramids, spikes, etc, are a turn off for me. The worst gun I've had recently was an FN FNS-40, and I really hated the grip and since I got it so cheap, and could sell it for a small profit, I just sold it off.
    Did you actually get a rebate? They screwed me. But there is still a chance I get one on the M21A .22 I shouldn't have bought.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Did you actually get a rebate? They screwed me.
    What happened? I forgot to cash a rebate check that they sent me. When I found it in my glove box, it was past the 90 or 100 days allowed. I called and they reissued a check which I promptly cashed. So, I was actually very pleased because they could have easily said too bad.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bret View Post
    What happened? I forgot to cash a rebate check that they sent me. When I found it in my glove box, it was past the 90 or 100 days allowed. I called and they reissued a check which I promptly cashed. So, I was actually very pleased because they could have easily said too bad.
    They said one application didn't include a receipt, but a "packing slip".

The gun only came with one paper & it was a combined packing list and receipt. It had the buisness, price, date, , my name & address, model number and serial number. And I circled those items.

When I noticed the application was denied, they replied the rebate period was over & nothing could be done.

The other they said the serial number was ineligible. I responded that I double-checked everything, the model number was clearly covered and selected on the application, and they received a picture of that gun with its serial number.

They said they'd "investigate" that. Haven't heard back. I'll never buy another rebated gun unless I'm happy paying full price.

I just checked again.

They also said the 1st one wasn't a valid serial number, either. So I buy a gun with a model number specifically covered, PX4 model XXXXX or whatever it was, then they say the serial number (which is photographed right off the gun) is not valid. Scamming assholes.
    Last edited by Ron3; 10-09-23 at 19:37.

Feedback Score
    That is absolutely a bunch of crap.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Did you actually get a rebate? They screwed me. But there is still a chance I get one on the M21A .22 I shouldn't have bought.
    The response I got seemed to be positive. I've never been stiffed on a gun rebate before, but a couple took a LONG time to show up. One was over a year, and I had totally forgotten about it. It came in handy as I was short that month.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hemiram View Post
    The response I got seemed to be positive. I've never been stiffed on a gun rebate before, but a couple took a LONG time to show up. One was over a year, and I had totally forgotten about it. It came in handy as I was short that month.
    I had a couple S&W rebates that paid after many months.

Obviously, they are investing the money for profit then giving back the principal, minus inflation.

Or in my cases, keeping all of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12