Thread: Is this factory preservative, rust, or fouling?

Feedback Score

Is this factory preservative, rust, or fouling?

Hi guys. This is on a new DD upper I just got. Just wanted to make sure this isn't rust. It came off easily with a q-tip soaked in solvent. I suppose it could easily have been factory preservative and/or fouling from factory test firing. Easy spot to miss after the test fire cleaning. I've seen Colt's factory preservative and it didn't quite look like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    It came off with a q-tip soaked in solvent. Does it really matter in the overall scheme of things?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    It probably doesn't matter, and it's just a flash hider after all. There was a little rusty stuff in the receiver extension too. Sorry, I know it sounds kind of silly. I'm relatively new to ARs and guns in general.