Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would this bother you?

Feedback Score

Would this bother you?

Purchased a new upper which stated to be MPI HPT and shot peened. I noticed the bolt is not stamped M or MPI and contacted customer service which stated if it’s not marked it was just batch tested. If the items sale page states it’s MPI I expect it to be actually MPI and not batch tested. I have replied back and ask to send me the correct bolt that was advertised but still haven't gotten a reply.

Below is the specs from the sale page-

"Bolt: Full-auto profile bolt carrier group. Milspec Carpenter No. 158® steel bolt, Shot Peened, High pressure tested, Mag particle inspected, Gas Key Hardened to USGI Specifications, Fastened with Grade 8 screws, and Staked Per Mil-Spec. 8620 steel M-16 profile carrier is chrome lined and phosphate coated. "

Feedback Score
    Was this PSA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    It was (SKU: 7779344) and while I'm sure the bolt is fine I think it should be as advertised but maybe I'm over thinking it.
    Last edited by introv78; 04-24-19 at 19:08.

Feedback Score
    Interesting...I recently bought a mid length blem kit for 259$ from psa,no mention of hp mpi but the bolt was marked hp mpi and c158.
    I was very happy to say the least.
    Another kit I bought from them stated it would have a phosphate bcg and came with a nitride unit,again very happy!!
    I only had one issue,an out of spec receiver extension (to long).
    I filed it down till the upper would close,but was bothered by the bare metal...I called and explained my issue,and only asked for a receiver extension castle nut and end plate (due to being staked already).
    I was told they would only send the receiver extension,I told them keep it,i’ll Buy the parts and clean up their mess and thanks for nothing...
    All in all,they sell decent stuff with pretty transparent specs at a damn good price.I’m happy enough to buy a few parts to satisfy my ocd...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by introv78 View Post
    It was (SKU: 7779344) and while I'm sure the bolt is fine I think it should be as advertised but maybe I'm over thinking it.

No, I would hold them to it. I’ve had this trouble with PSA myself. They have sent me the wrong parts as many times as they have sent the right parts. They did take care of me, though it wasn’t with haste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Regardless of where it was procured, it would bother me to get a bolt that is supposed to be individually tested and inspected, to find out it’s from a group that was batch tested. I would request the product advertised or ask my for my money back and buy a bolt from one of the many companies (BCM, Sionics, SOLGW, Etc.) you can count on to sell the product they are advertising.
    Last edited by nightchief; 04-24-19 at 19:46.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    Regardless of where it was procured, it would bother me to get a bolt that is supposed to be individually tested and inspected, to find out it’s from a group that was batch tested. I would request the product advertised or ask my for my money back and buy a bolt from one of the many companies (BCM, Sionics, SOLGW, Etc.) you can count on to sell the product they are advertising.
    This is exactly how I would react.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by introv78 View Post
    Purchased a new upper which stated to be MPI HPT and shot peened. I noticed the bolt is not stamped M or MPI and contacted customer service which stated if it’s not marked it was just batch tested. If the items sale page states it’s MPI I expect it to be actually MPI and not batch tested. I have replied back and ask to send me the correct bolt that was advertised but still haven't gotten a reply.

Below is the specs from the sale page-

"Bolt: Full-auto profile bolt carrier group. Milspec Carpenter No. 158® steel bolt, Shot Peened, High pressure tested, Mag particle inspected, Gas Key Hardened to USGI Specifications, Fastened with Grade 8 screws, and Staked Per Mil-Spec. 8620 steel M-16 profile carrier is chrome lined and phosphate coated. "

It is either MPI tested, or it isn't. It appears yours isn't.

Would it bother me? Yes, that is the same as getting a KEYMOD rail when you ordered MLOK.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Not a lawyer but wouldn't a State AG qualify that as bait and switch?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My latest PSA / BCG (Nov. 2018) is marked MPI. A bit faint but it's there. https://palmettostatearmory.com/palm...roup-8779.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast