Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: local gunshop transfers

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HMsailor View Post
    i ordered an lmt and they took the box. there couldve been extra free stuff like stickers or coupons that they kept.
    A complete lmt rifle should have 1 magazine, a basic sling, and some basic paperwork. I got two spm's in the last 2 or 3 months. First was a 20 inch a4 that they sold me cheap because they were moving(I knew they had made them but had never seen one) that I had shipped to a local dealer friend. The second was a 14.5 inch sbr that is going to be used to mount a master key that an out of town dealer I know ordered for me. He was actually in town to see the first dealer and dropped off the upper and zip lock back with the mag and sling in it for me to pickup along with the signed form 4's for me to sign and mail off.

Past that they(at least the spm) come in a plastic bag and are shipped in a basic cardboard box.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Except he bought a lower, not a complete rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by ccosby View Post
    A complete lmt rifle should have 1 magazine, a basic sling, and some basic paperwork. I got two spm's in the last 2 or 3 months. First was a 20 inch a4 that they sold me cheap because they were moving(I knew they had made them but had never seen one) that I had shipped to a local dealer friend. The second was a 14.5 inch sbr that is going to be used to mount a master key that an out of town dealer I know ordered for me. He was actually in town to see the first dealer and dropped off the upper and zip lock back with the mag and sling in it for me to pickup along with the signed form 4's for me to sign and mail off.

Past that they(at least the spm) come in a plastic bag and are shipped in a basic cardboard box.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    i ordered an lmt and they took the box. there couldve been extra free stuff like stickers or coupons that they kept.
    Sionics has the right idea, they take a picture of everything shipped, print it and put it in the box.

If you don't trust the FFL, it's worth it to find another.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Some will wait until you are in to open it. Most will open it to get the serial number and re-close the box. Never had any take stickers, etc. If you mention it beforehand, they will keep the shipping sleeve, mine always asked if I wanted them. I advise to keep it in case there's an issue you can re-package easier.
    The time I had an issue and the last time I used one place for a transfer was when they were letting customers play with the carbine, racking it, dry fire, etc, etc. before I was able to get in. I found out about it on a forum before I picked it up. That was an ass chewing for the owner when I got there I can say. He tried to say that the firearm was his until I picked it up. No, you are the lawful steward of my property and I didn't allow/approve of the "0"uckery. He couldn't see the difference in a transfer verses one he had in for store inventory. Same guy was going to sue anyone posting an honest, factual review on yelp, that was negative of course.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My LGS waits for you to open it. That way any issues are not their problems. Scratches on a classic collectable? Missing parts? Wrong color? Wrong brand? No stickers? Not enough mags? You're the first to open it and they'll be happy to ship it back if you don't want it!

Feedback Score
    We used to open them, so we could log it.
    Until something came in messed up, and there was a big "discussion" about how it got that way.
    After that, we were very particular about opening transfers. Something standard, from a shop, like maybe some factory item the customer got off gb from bud's or similar, we'd open. But, if it was from a previously unused vendor or person, or the package looked damaged or particularly rough handled, we waited.
    Anything collectible, we waited.
    NRA Life, SASS#40701, Glock Advanced Armorer
    Gunsmith for Unique Armament Creations LLC, 07/SOT

VIGILIA PRETIUM LIBERTATIS

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Sounds like you need to have a discussion with your local shop
    Proper Planing Prevents Piss Poor Performance.......

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Time to find a different store to do your transfers. A minor thing but a dick move nonetheless.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Find a store that will open the shipping box and fill out their paperwork in your presence. This is how my preferred FFL handles it. I drive past closer FFLs for this, including some who won’t even fill out their paperwork the same day the package arrives. I arrive at the FFL, they open the package and log it while I inspect it. Then if everything checks out, fill out the 4473 and leave with the entire shipment. Nothing less should be acceptable.

Feedback Score
    4 (83%)
    Agreed. Its not like Ive waited the next day to pick it up. I showed up only a few hrs after it was delivered.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast