Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S.P.O.T. on Ultimak?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I got mine from Brownells. Best price around if you qualify for the discount.
    I order a ton from Borwnells, how do I qualify for the discount?

ETA: well it looks like Brownells no longer carries the Springfield Scout ring. Can anyone tell me where to find one, or suggest a suitable substitute?
    Last edited by decodeddiesel; 11-12-08 at 11:53.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by decodeddiesel View Post
    I order a ton from Borwnells, how do I qualify for the discount?
    Q: How do I qualify for the Trade Discount on the Industry Survey?

A: For Brownells to extend the trade discount, you must have one of the following:

* Federal Firearms License
    * State, County, or Sales Tax Number or Permit
    * Any local Resale Permit
    * Letterhead, business card or documentation of active in-business status
    * Verification of active status as armorer for military/police/federal or state agency, or other law enforcement agency
    * Proof of status as in-residence student at a full-time college-level gunsmithing school
    * Operator of an allied special business, such as: knifemaker, stockmaker, engraver, bit and spur maker, or furniture refinishing shop, which doesn't require an FFL
    * Full-time active-duty status police officer, sheriff's department, or other law enforcement agency

I am a Certified Glock and AR-15/M-16 armorer who works part-time for a local gunshop. I faxed Brownells a copy of my armorer cert and they set me up.

ETA: well it looks like Brownells no longer carries the Springfield Scout ring. Can anyone tell me where to find one, or suggest a suitable substitute?
    You can get the Aimpoint Extra Low/Extra Wide 30mm ring mount from pretty much any Aimpoint dealer. IIRC, it's just a skosh higher than the SA mount that Brownells carried, but will still allow co-witnessing when used with an Ultimak. It's what I've got on the AK-105 pictured above.
    Last edited by shooter521; 11-12-08 at 14:13.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Sorry for bringing this thread back, but regarding the SPOT. I was thinking about picking one up for my AR. Its not a work rifle, and at the moment only use it for target shooting. I do want to take a magpul class in the future. But do you honestly think its worth purchasing? Now before you start saying buy an aimpoint. I cannot afford one!!

http://www.talonarms.com/talonarms/i...oducts_id=1654

This is the one im ordering. Is there anywhere to get one cheaper?
    “The defining characteristic of a warrior is the willingness to close with the enemy.”

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12