Thread: Hate to be another new guy, but...

Feedback Score

Hate to be another new guy, but...

I'm wanting to build my first AR and I'd like to get everything bought as soon as possible but I need a bit of help.

Here's my list for the rifle so far, just curious if I'm missing anything. Help is appreciated.

BCM 16" Mid Length Upper Receiver Group (When they get back in stock)
    BCM Bolt Carrier Group
    Mid Length Hand Guards
    Charging Handle
    Some sort of BUIS
    Anvil Arms Stripped Lower
    Magpul CTR Stock (Will I need commercial or Mil-Spec with the Anvil Arms lower?)
    Buffer Tube
    G&R Tactical Lower Parts Kits
    Magpul MIAD

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    have you talked to BCM about this? i'm told they're like 6 months out, but i haven't talked to them personally. call and find out before you get your heart set.

the lower will accept commercial or milspec receiver extension.. so get milspec. the receiver extension is what you call "buffer tube" (it IS a tube that holds the buffer, but the technical term is "receiver extention")... that's the part that determines what size stock you get. I got one from DSG for $22 bucks http://dsgarms.com/index.cfm?fuseact...Product_ID=604 , but it looks like they might be out of stock now. you'll still need to get an H buffer and buffer spring, they don't come widdit.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Go ahead and order a mil-spec stock kit from any number of vendors- I will buy the mil spec M4 style stock from you. Send me a PM. Then you can put your mil spec CTR on it.

Anvil Arms are good people- good choice. Are you going to take advantage of their excellent stock engravings? I would if I were you- it'll be tough to part with that SOB later on to have something done at another time

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    Go ahead and order a mil-spec stock kit from any number of vendors- I will buy the mil spec M4 style stock from you. Send me a PM. Then you can put your mil spec CTR on it.
    how much you buyin m4 stocks for?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Maybe $25 for the body itself, shipped with any slow USPS method , depending on who's you buy. I don't "need" one but would like one for when I use my Colt RO635 upper on my SBR lower. The A1 would look more correct than the CTR and for my needs, with that rifle, it will serve the same purpose as the CTR. CTRs on A1 upper'd rifles look silly to me. It's trivial, which is why I haven't bought one yet.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    have you talked to BCM about this? i'm told they're like 6 months out, but i haven't talked to them personally. call and find out before you get your heart set.
    ummm......Paul is turning out the BCM uppers pretty quick. He just released a batch last week and I'd expect for them to show up again in a couple of weeks (based on observation). The Bravo Company page says to expect more in December. You just got to be quick on the trigger when you see them show up in stock.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rreynol View Post
    ummm......Paul is turning out the BCM uppers pretty quick. He just released a batch last week and I'd expect for them to show up again in a couple of weeks (based on observation). The Bravo Company page says to expect more in December. You just got to be quick on the trigger when you see them show up in stock.
    are they not taking backorders?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    No backorders through BravoCo.

However they do have a feature where you can be emailed as soon as they have more of an "Out of Stock" product back on the shelves. You just have to be quick about jumping on them when they are listed as available.

Trust me on this. Got an email and two hours later the product I asked about was sold out again. Now I'm back on the list again.

Such is life...........
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    every time people start talkin about bravo my left-click finger starts itching.. and my wallet bolts for the door. I'm not a complete-upper kind of guy, but it sure would be nice to get 1 box in the mail that i can open and just go "click, click" and be done.. instead of opening 5 boxes full of odd pieces of metal. bravo is one of three manufacturers i would be comfortable assembling as-is.