Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Magpul profit on pmags

Feedback Score
    I heard they are back ordered in the almost six figure range. I picked up 12 black n/w 30rd mags the other day locally. I've got 40 of them now. Magpul makes "the magazine" I would not be surprised given the mass panic they will never catch up with the demand. Snooze you lost or at least you might end up paying a hell of allot more for them (2x the price of 6 months ago would not surprise me in time) than you might have. Just the way it is. I believe from what I've heard, seen and read that mag puls are the best game in town. They have a right to profit from that. I just wish the lack of magpuls on the shelf was because uncle sam got smart and put in a contract for them. Sending them to our service people who need them far more than my "armchair commando" ass thinks it needs them.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin 1759

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just recently purchased ten 30 rounders in FDE for $140.50 delivered to my door. Whatever their profit is I hope it is a lot. Perhaps it is just me, but I personally am a big fan of profit and hope everybody makes as much as they can.
    Married to my hero life saver best friend wife & proud father of 2.

BSmith "But, some of the shit falls under the "just because you can..."
    Iraqgunz "Enough of your nonsense. Please check yourself post haste."
    markm "If you like the side charger and see the lack of dust cover as a plus, you should double down on bad ideas and get a piston as well. A case of Independece Ammo will be the icing on the cake."

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    makes me glad i bought a bunch of em back in july

Feedback Score

Question You tell me.

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    I'm not sure where your numbers are coming from, but keep in mind that 1) PMAGs are made in Colorado, not China, and 2) they are not made from the same plastic childrens' toys are made from.
    I did not have any labor costs if you read my post. So where they are made is not involved in my post be it in Colorado, or China.

If you know what type resin and fillers are being used then you tell me the material costs for the P-Mag body and follower. Also if you know the material and process the springs are made from, again inform me.

Feedback Score
    It is not wrong to ask - this is America.

AND, its not wrong for MagPul or any other business I can think of to answer: sorry, we'd prefer to keep that information to ourselves.

If that pisses you off, then stop buying ANYTHING unless the maker tells you all about their costs (and good luck with that).

On another note: the "dies" to create aluminum or steel mags are not that technologically advanced; if you want to see examples, go join up and then look at the mag section on www.roderuscustom.tzo.com

The injection molding equipment and other polymer handling machinery for Pmags involves a lot larger initial investment. The molding dies are very very expensive and require a die maker/CNC operator with considerable experience. Plus, the current MagPul employees are Americans, purchasing supplies in the USA in U.S. dollars.

Last two I bought retail were $16. I am not complaining about the price, as I also helped my local gunshop pay its rent.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skyugo View Post
    makes me glad i bought a bunch of em back in july

Brings on a sense of well being not having scramble. If one had bought a few cases of Pmags several months back you might be able in the not to distant future to turn a nice little profit. Same goes obviously for ammo. Panic! sells.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little a temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Ben Franklin 1759

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TY44934 View Post
    It is not wrong to ask - this is America.

AND, its not wrong for MagPul or any other business I can think of to answer: sorry, we'd prefer to keep that information to ourselves.

If that pisses you off, then stop buying ANYTHING unless the maker tells you all about their costs (and good luck with that).

On another note: the "dies" to create aluminum or steel mags are not that technologically advanced; if you want to see examples, go join up and then look at the mag section on www.roderuscustom.tzo.com

The injection molding equipment and other polymer handling machinery for Pmags involves a lot larger initial investment. The molding dies are very very expensive and require a die maker/CNC operator with considerable experience. Plus, the current MagPul employees are Americans, purchasing supplies in the USA in U.S. dollars.

Last two I bought retail were $16. I am not complaining about the price, as I also helped my local gunshop pay its rent.
    You 100% correct about the tooling costs.

Feedback Score
    I got in the AR game somewhat late, so I just wish I knew where I could get some P-mags. I'm a big fan of profit.

Michael
    America. The land of the Free because of the Brave.

ToddG Guest
    7.62NATO -- Just so you understand why there was such hostility ...

Ordinarily, when people come here and ask "what does it actually cost so-and-so company to make such-and-such product?" they are getting ready to complain that the price is too high. Right or wrong, I suspect many folks who responded to this thread were expecting a similar discussion to break out.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    If you go back and read NickB's post and look at the page closely there is a BIG CLUE that says he probably knows or could find out very easily. Again, why is there a need to disclose the cost of anything? Buy the mags or don't-pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by RB1968 View Post
    I did not have any labor costs if you read my post. So where they are made is not involved in my post be it in Colorado, or China.

If you know what type resin and fillers are being used then you tell me the material costs for the P-Mag body and follower. Also if you know the material and process the springs are made from, again inform me.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast