Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Who else has the Savage Arms 10FP?

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a 20" one in 223 that Savage marketed as the "4x4" or Truck Gun. It shoots pretty well but has stock is really to flexible to get the best out of it.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Same here. 6-9" S model with Pod Lock. I picked up my second precision bolt gun from a good friend on this board. Rem 700 LTR in 308. I still like the trigger and the bolt handle better on the Savage by a long shot I think the Rem action is a little smoother and I like the floor plate on the Remington better. Overall, I still think the Savage gives me slightly more bang for the buck than the LTR...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    This is my first post in this forum. It's great to hear of all these folks having such great luck with the Savage 10FP rifles! Very encouraging, since I just ordered one.

I'm waiting on a Savage 10FLP (the LH model) in .308, which is being customized with a brake, an aftermarket stock, oversize bolt handle, and a few other extras, by Stockade Gun Stocks. My stock is the "Woodchuck" model, pictured on this page.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Accue trigger model in .308. Leupold VX II 3-9. My first 3 shots for group off a backpack/bench at 100m using Port Surplus- I could cover them with a quarter, two were touching, I am not a rifleman.

Savages may be ugly with flimsy plastic stocks in their entry level models-but...does anyone know anyone who owns a savage that won't shoot 1 moa out to 400 all day long?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score

I got on iI love it

Yea I got one its the 10FCP Mcmillan .308 its a A-5 Mcmillan stock, with detachable mag, I bought it stock, then I sent the stock back to Mcmillan and had a three way adjustable butt stock, adjustable cheek piece, decelerator pad installed, and painted olive green. It also have a GG&G accucam integral ring base, badger ordanance 20 MOA 1913 rail and harris BR bi-pod, all i need is the scope, and I will order one in about three to four weeks.
    Last edited by cronus5116; 10-28-08 at 19:10.

Feedback Score
    When you get that scope mounted up, be sure to post a pic of the entire rig, it sounds very nice!
    Better known as "The CAC"!

"One is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully."

By: Lt Col Jeff Cooper, U.S.M.C., RIP

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345