Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New SW 1911 and not too happy...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    A friend bought a GSR recently. I'm thinking I should have ponied up the cash for a GSR or Kimber. I could have waited a few weeks. Hell, I'm getting married in two and there ought to be a little cash to divert into the gun fund...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What model is it? How much did you pay for it?
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It's model #108285. I recently replied to a 1911 post with a bunch of it's statistics...

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/w...09&isFirearm=Y

That's the link to their page.

ETA: I paid $775 for it out the door. Had my dealer order it from his distributor.

The worst part is, it has a born on date of 10-17. People have been complaining about the material on the breechface for over a year now. I'm glad SW took care of that issue.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Aw Jesus Steve! This is the first new handgun I've bought in awhile. My last was a Glock 32 3 years ago. I'm not into having all my guns look pretty- I'd rather they function over anything else.

But, 1911s can be pretty guns and I thought I'd get a nice blue S&W that I could keep looking nice and classy. I won't be carrying it or throwing it around at the range so there's no reason not to think I could keep it in an excellent condition.

It's a little annoying that right off the get-go it's fully of problems. The guys on m1911.org think these flaws are a pretty big deal- but then again, I have 8 points against me now for using the word "crap" twice.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz
    Aw Jesus Steve! This is the first new handgun I've bought in awhile. My last was a Glock 32 3 years ago. I'm not into having all my guns look pretty- I'd rather they function over anything else.

But, 1911s can be pretty guns and I thought I'd get a nice blue S&W that I could keep looking nice and classy. I won't be carrying it or throwing it around at the range so there's no reason not to think I could keep it in an excellent condition.

It's a little annoying that right off the get-go it's fully of problems. The guys on m1911.org think these flaws are a pretty big deal- but then again, I have 8 points against me now for using the word "crap" twice.

1. I'm just pushing your buttons
    2. The people that hang out in 1911 sites are anal, cry babies, who ran out of vagisil 10 years ago.
    3. I do think your complaints about scratches after use are silly.
    4. Send me you scratched up 1911, and I'll send you a brand new one.

I've been meaning to get one to play with, and yours will do me just as well as a new one.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Personally I'd be concerned about the overall quality of the gun reflected in the details that are readily visible. If it looks like a POS at first glance it likely is a POS>

I also think that people have a right to expect a quality product for their money, and have a right to be dissapointed when it's not quality. Whether or not the gun goes bang is not the only criteria for customer satisfaction.

I think the original poster has a right to be disapointed in his purchase, but I also have to think a little bit of "what did you expect?" I would never have bought something like that sight unseen.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would hope if anything, a factory direct gun could be bought sight-unseen, right? Maybe that means nothing at all should be bought sight-unseen.

What do you have for me Steve?

"Freaking, crap, hell, etc are NOT allowed." -John C., m1911.org

Feedback Score
    Well I'd be a little upset too, but I don't see any need to explode.

Call S&W, or better yet, take Steve up on his offer. I'd call it a lemon based on the SW's I've seen, and every brand has their share.

If it were me though, I'd just shoot the living piss out of it and get it custom smithed later on down the road. Getting a 1911 that's both perfect in appearance and 100% reliable for under $1K is not an everyday occurence.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz
    What do you have for me Steve?
    I'll get you an exact replacement. I'll trade you your used scratched one for a brand new version of the same model. I mean that as sincerely as I do smartassly

There are more critical areas that need to work together on a 1911 than probably any other auto loader. The cosmetics you guys are concerned with are meaningless(but expected fromn the 1911 crowd). Machine marks on the barrel and inside the slide?! Boo ****in Hoo

"Looks like" means nothing. The S&W 1911 Super Dave drove all weekend looked like a piece of shit. The guy who knows how to use the ugly one will kill the the guy holding the pretty one he was afraid to scratch.

My 1911 looks like a shit, but my arrogance regarding my ability with it I consider well earned - If your not confident you and make the shot playing around, how are you going to make it under stress. If you own a gun for anything other than collection/safe queen, learn how to use it and you wont worry about that petty shit.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast