Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: New SW 1911 and not too happy...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz
    If at my price point I have to deal with a sloppy trigger, then I will. But, this is why I am asking you guys.

Your trigger looks like the majority of Wilson Combat triggers I've seen in the past couple years....

For what you paid - you have a functional 1911. And in that price range, I would still go for S&W. The Kimber or SA with the same features will probably run you another $200 that would be better spent on practice ammo for what you have.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz
    I would hope if anything, a factory direct gun could be bought sight-unseen, right? Maybe that means nothing at all should be bought sight-unseen.

What do you have for me Steve?

"Freaking, crap, hell, etc are NOT allowed." -John C., m1911.org
    LOL...I got chastised earlier today for dropping an f-bomb over there.

Vagisil indeed...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well, I'm banned for 7 days now.

Admin- Thanks for pointing a few things out. Those marks on the lugs were always there. Nothing new and not getting any worse.

The crown isn't anything to brag about. I don't like it much but the barrel is straight and thin. I'd rather have a heavier barrel that could have a good crown to it.

I'll have to take a good picture of it and ask Steve what kind of crowning he could do for me!

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    As much as I usually disagree with Steve about WC, he is 100% correct this time.

My light railed CQB trigger looked very similar. It did not affect function in any way, but it certainly had a gap. It was a compatibility issue with their triggers & light railed frames. At least it was a few years ago. A friend of mine bought a standard CQB a few weeks after me and his looked fine. Two months later he bought a light railed CQB similar to mine and it had the gap also. Again, it had zero affect on function. The triggers were rock solid and broke cleanly at 4lb.

Odd to say the least.

I have not noticed this for a few years though.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VA_Dinger
    As much as I usually disagree with Steve about WC, he is 100% correct this time.

My light railed CQB trigger looked very similar. It did not affect function in any way, but it certainly had a gap. It was a compatibility issue with their triggers & light railed frames. At least it was a few years ago. A friend of mine bought a standard CQB a few weeks after me and his looked fine. Two months later he bought a light railed CQB similar to mine and it had the gap also. Again, it had zero affect on function. The triggers were rock solid and broke cleanly at 4lb.

Odd to say the least.

I have not noticed this for a few years though.
    But did it wobble? If you look at the S&W pics you can see that it wobbles up and down in the track.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s
    But did it wobble? If you look at the S&W pics you can see that it wobbles up and down in the track.
    True, I don't think I have seen a Wilson trigger that wasn't solid in feel. My CQB is perfect.

You have a valid complaint with the S&W, send it back they should take care of it. Go read on 1911forum under the S&W portion, many issues out of the box but most are taken care of. Under $1000 I'll still go with a SA or Colt, they seem to be have better QC than others. Kimber is fine if you can find a pre-series II.
    Full disclosure - I am an Engineering Supervisor at Trijicon, Inc.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s
    No, my CQB's trigger was rock solid and very smooth.

It just had the gap.

SuicideHz’s S&W trigger installation & fit is nothing less than hideous.

The good part is that I’ve heard nothing but good things about S&W’s customer service. I’m sure they will take care of him and make it right.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I may just keep her and beat the hell out of her for awhile. I've already emailed SW with pictures that I posted here for record. I may as well ride her hard and see what she can do. If I develop any more problems, I can send her in later.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Well I took two friends to the range this evening and we force fed 350 rounds through her. We had two FTFs with my one friend. It was Remington UMC 230gr. From what I saw, they didn't nose-up into the chamber, they just didn't feed from the mag. I would almost say it needs M4 feedramps!!

I cleaned her (that dirty bitch) and polished the marks out of the chamber hood with sandpaper. Laid the sandpaper on a t-shirt on my work bench and just worked the top of the chamber side to side over it. Now it's shiny like their stock photos!

Funny thing is my dealer just got back from the Indy show with a used Kimber Tactical Custom II with the blueish alloy frame and nice grips. It had really nice checkering on the frontstrap and under the triggerguard. Ambi safety felt really nice. Meprolights were very shiny. Gun had 200 rounds through it and was tight as hell with no marks. He wants $225 plus my gun- he offered to take it in trade.

I'm going to put this trigger into it I think:

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/sto...&s=45285#45285

EGW solid Blank trigger for $30. A friend said a cheap $16 trigger would suffice more than likely.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234