Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New AR

Feedback Score

New AR

The wife was out shopping today and called from one of our local sporting goods stores. She said she found one of those "black guns" I've been looking for. This store usually carries RR & Bushmasters so that's what I assumed it was. She tells the clerk I'm on my way, and when I get there I find it's a S&W. I paid $1099 and to be truthful, I'm not sure if that's high or not, but I though what the heck, everyone else is back ordered for weeks or even months and I didn't want to wait any longer.

Oh btw this is my first AR, so I have ALOT to learn......

Feedback Score
    83 (100%)
    Deleted.
    Last edited by NoBody; 05-04-09 at 06:04.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    That is a M&P15A and it is a good choice for a first AR.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Latham44 View Post
    The wife was out shopping today and called from one of our local sporting goods stores. She said she found one of those "black guns" I've been looking for. This store usually carries RR & Bushmasters so that's what I assumed it was. She tells the clerk I'm on my way, and when I get there I find it's a S&W. I paid $1099 and to be truthful, I'm not sure if that's high or not, but I though what the heck, everyone else is back ordered for weeks or even months and I didn't want to wait any longer.

Oh btw this is my first AR, so I have ALOT to learn......

Normally, I would say that is WAY high (generally sell the 15A for under $900), but in the climate that is a fair price to pay I think.

Enjoy your AR!

C4

Feedback Score
    Sweet gun, sweeter wife. Welcome to the forum.

NRA Life Member
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Nice rifle choice, I'm thinking of doing a S&W lower with a LMT upper....ATC

Feedback Score
    I got my 15A here in Central FL for considerably less back in September, but that dealer is now selling at $1099 - seems to be the going rate if you are lucky enough to find one.

ATC, I have an experience that may or may not be of interest to you. I got an LMT upper a couple weeks ago, and since I don't yet have a designated lower for it I tried to mate it with the lower from my 15A. The front pin goes in fine, but the back pin will not go all the way thru with any finger pressure I can deliver. I tapped it almost all the way in with the back end of a plastic screwdriver handle, but stopped short of driving it home for fear that I would not get it out without difficulty and / or damage. So I'm hoping to get an LMT lower from Grant when they come in, crossing my fingers that it will fit better than the S&W.

I'm new enough at this that I'm not sure if this a common problem easily solved, but I figure the best thing to do is wait until I can get an LMT lower and go from there.

Feedback Score
    You have a most excellent wife looking out for you. Congratulations on your new purchase and welcome to M4C.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    Greetings and Welcome to M4C!

Feedback Score
    Congrats on getting your rifle.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast